CARS at HKDL

Discussion in 'Hong Kong Disneyland and Shanghai Disneyland' started by See Post, Jul 10, 2011.

Random Thread
  1. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By TDLFAN

I visited an extremely busy HKDL park today to check out the few "CARS" meet/greet and activities currently being held at HKDL.

Most of the CARS activities are geared to AP holders.. (or pardon me, "Magic Access" pass holders). Guest who are part of the annual pass program can go around the park and play games at designated locations that will allow you to accumulate points, and in the end, you could get some free stuff.. like magnets, collector card sets, etc etc.

Lightning McQueen and about a dozen dancers do a small show at the Sleeping Beauty Castle forecourt twice a day. The show is similar to the former HSM show and in fact uses the same rolling stage, only re-dressed for this current CARS show. After the musical number, Lightning McQueen is available for meet and greet photo ops.

Shopping: pick up their summer shopping guide catalog at the guidemap stand and check out some of the new summer merchandise themed to the "Celebration in the Air" 5th anniversary parade.. as well as some HKDL-exclusive CARS merchandise.

Behind Adventureland, the new expansion of the park continues to take shape. The screened mesh that will become the rocky skin for the Grissly Gulsh train ride is already being installed, and vertical construction is well underway on some of the show buildings that will house indoor scenes for both Grissly Gulsh and Mystic Pointe (mansion). The giant Woody statue at Toy Storyland is also up already as is the walkway connecting Toy Storyland to Mystic Pointe. In fact.. testing today was underway for the Racer car thrill ride.. you know the one that looks like an U-shaped Hot Wheels track?? Those of us overlooking the construction area from the top of Tarzan's Treehouse were treated to a preview of the racer vehicles on the vertical U-track. Seemed very scary to me. Not sure I would care to ride that thing.. But for those who would like to but can't go to Hong Kong (or WDSP in France).. just go to Minneapolis' Mall of America as they have a similar ride in their indoor amusement park.

And that kiddies.. is my small report from HKDL today July 11th 2011.

2. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By Witches of Morva

ORDDU: It's not the size of your report that matters to your cauldron girls, TLFAN, duckling. It's the magic within that counts. So any report from HKDL is much appreciated. Thank you.

3. See Post

See Post New Member

Not to mention ORDDU.. and I warm and fuzzy all over too.

4. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By Witches of Morva

ORGOCH: We can fix ya with a shave 'n haircut real soon, if'n ya wants!

5. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By tsukasa

I was there on 9th and 10th. :)
    I was disappointed at the event of this summer. Because the scale was very small compared with last year's.

6. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By friarthe

We did the Cars "Secret Mission" thing yesterday, and it was open to everyone. The only thing they wanted to see our passes for was the Cars trading card special event. Wonder if they broadened it based on (lack of) interest?

We got a kick out of it, though. It was cute, and the other folks seemed enthusiastic about the cut-out "photo opps" and the games. Then again, I wasn't here last year, so maybe I'm still easily impressed.

Still trying to get a feel for how many folks are passholders. Not many I'd guess, but a few stuck out.

7. See Post

See Post New Member

I personally would have prefered to see the Stitch beach party bash on Main Street again... which was more fun than anything related to the Cars promotion.. It was just that: promoting the stupid film as opposed to real substance for guests visiting HKDL.