Construction update - May 2010

Discussion in 'Hong Kong Disneyland and Shanghai Disneyland' started by See Post, May 29, 2010.

Random Thread
  1. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By Loomis

HKDL expansion update: construction photos and council plans. Enjoy!

<a href="http://news.hkdlsource.com/story/324" target="_blank">http://news.hkdlsource.com/story/324</a>

2. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By tashajilek

Thanks for the update. Man i cant wait for 2014! i dont know why but out of all the international parks this is the one i am most excited to visit in the future.

3. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By FerretAfros

I don't know why, but I was surprised to see they're already working on Grizzly Gulch. I figured since it doesn't open for a few more years, they would start work on it later. That's kind of exciting, if they think they will be doing something that will take a long time to construct. I can't wait to be there in just over a month!

4. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By leemac

^^ There is shared utility infrastructure between the three mini-lands which is why there is land clearance for Grizzly Gulch (still a working title too) - it is cheaper to do it all at once and then park the site until vertical construction kicks off.

5. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By tashajilek

Ferret, you are so lucky! Please make sure to do a trip report when you return and please share pictures.

6. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By Malin

*** I don't know why, but I was surprised to see they're already working on Grizzly Gulch. I figured since it doesn't open for a few more years, they would start work on it later. ***

I was under impression construction would begin at the same time but would take longer on Mystic Point and Grizzly Gulch. Because these are far more advanced attractions than setting up a bunch of Toy Story themed Carnival rides. Looking at how quickly this thing is being built at the Studios in Paris I could certainly believe this to be the case too!

7. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By Witches of Morva

ORDDU: My sisters and I thought we had read that the Hong Kong Government had decided to speed up the construction over there after fears that Shanghi Disneyland would overshadow them if they didn't. This may not be the case but it's something we had read.

8. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By Bob Paris 1

They should be worried.

This dinky little place has the potential to fall into the cracks between the wonder that is TDR and the upcoming(?)Shanghai park.

9. See Post

See Post New Member

ORDDU: Then, again, we also read that Shanghi Disneyland may end up being the smallest Disney theme park ever built--in which case HKDL wouldn't have a thing to worry about. It's all so comical to observe...

10. See Post

See Post New Member

Maybe eventually the "resorts" will be SO small we'll just have Disney parks scattered around a country, ie, Frontierland in one state, Fantasyland in another and so on.

I am sure some Disney stooge errrrr, I mean exec would justify it with the usual, that would give more people a chance to visit while continuing the mission statement of the core company capex KPI balance sheet price point quarterly stock market directive.

You're right Witchiepoo. at this point there's only one word for all these cutbacks delivering inferior product(that means MASSIVE expenditure in six years time when the initial investment fails),

Lame.

11. See Post

See Post New Member

ORDDU: Have you been over to Micechat, Bob Paris 1, duckling? Over there one of the locals has been putting up photos of the current construction going on for the expansion of HKDL. It appears they're finally doing some serious work after all. Even Grizzly Gulch is under way.

12. See Post

See Post New Member

I check out their TDL section from time to time(plus we have a shared acquaintance, Witchiepoo - let's just say he serves people VERY high up), but their boards just seem like a mess with forty thousand photos per signature and pictures of plush dogs at the Eiffel Tower and in monorail nose cones.

LP isn't perfect, least of all the people running it but its format is clean and tidy and I like clean and tidy.