Day 10 (of 50 questions to ponder)

Discussion in 'Play Pen' started by See Post, Jul 16, 2011.

Random Thread
  1. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By 999HAUNTS

If you could go back in time and stop just one disaster from happening, what would it be?

2. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By Goofyernmost

My guess is that the vast majority will say 9/11. There were two significant events in my lifetime the other being the assassination of JFK.

Based on the total number of lives lost 9/11 would have to win out, but one has to wonder what might have happened if JFK had been able to complete his time as President. Maybe 9/11 would never have happened or it is possible that it might have anyway.

As traumatic as 9/11 was, and it was massive. I think that many were kind of used to crap happening by then. At the time of JFK's death we were completely unprepared and not even able to imagine such a thing. That is why, in my mind, the two were equally life changing, in spite, of a lot fewer lives lost.

I hope everyone can understand what I'm saying here because I wouldn't want anyone to think for a moment that I am downgrading the 9/11 event.

3. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By MissCandice

I was thinking of all the natural disasters that we could avert, there are just too many to count though.

So I will say I would go back in time to stop the fashion disaster of padded sholders in women's clothing.

4. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By Yahtzee Nay Nay

MissCandice, I remember the day I was liberated from that fashion disaster. I took scissors and cut the shoulder pads out of every shirt and jacket.

5. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By Autopia Deb

^^^I did that too, while they were still in style as soon as I got them home.

I would avert the recent Japan quake and tsunami. We just don't know how the nuclear plant meltdown will effect the environment world wide. Also, if you go back and change something too far back the ripple effect could change some good things. Think of all the kids born 9 month after a disaster that might never have been born (grief sex is a very real thing).

6. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By LadyKluck

On the same lines as Miss Candice, I would have to say the disaster known as Hammer Pants.
    You're welcome.

7. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By tashajilek

This isnt a natural disaster, but i would say WW2.

Both of my grandparents lived through it in Europe. My Grandfather was sent by his family to run and hide so he wouldnt be forced to become a soldier. My Grandma was forced to work in in bullet factory for around 8 years. It makes me upset thinking about what they went though, so without a doubt this would be the disaster i would stop.

8. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By Autopia Deb

^^^ see that goes too far back. Without WWII we wouldn't have many of the technological advances we enjoy today. I also wonder if we would have been prepared for the Cold War, would we know be living under Communist oppression? How many Baby Boomers would never have been born and would the Civil Rights movement have occurred? On a personal level for you, would your Grandparents have been in a position to meet if not for the war. And if they already met, would they have had children earlier then they did possibly never having your mom or dad erasing your whole existence? So many variables when thinking about changing the past. Maybe I needed to watch less Star Trek in mine.

9. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By Kar2oonMan

>>grief sex is a very real thing<<

That's what my wife calls it. Ba dum bump.

10. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By Goofyernmost

So, that's what my wife meant when she used to say..."Oh, good grief...what do you think your doing?"

11. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By Lisann22

Eve eating the apple!

12. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By avimagine

Something that happened 2 yrs ago that's been making me mad and frustrated ever since.

The first sin would work sure :)