Day 28 (of 50 questions to ponder)

Discussion in 'Play Pen' started by See Post, Aug 8, 2011.

Random Thread
  1. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By 999HAUNTS

If you could change something about your home, without worry about expense or mess, what would you do?

2. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By piratebrittany

I'd have John Lennon's bedroom from HELP! and a really awesome tiki themed pool complete with swim-up bar!

3. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By Lisann22

Gourmet kitchen. Fully loaded - double ovens, 6 burner gas stove with the wide grill in the middle. Big work area with two sinks. Lots of cabinets, built in freezer and refrigerator. Warming ovens. A greenhouse window for all my herbs and spices so I can go snip them when I want them. Place to display all my pots, pans, dishes, china. A huge bar/eat-in area for people to sit around while I'm cooking. I could go on and on.

4. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By LadyKluck

I reallllllly want a deck! A nice one complete with fire pit, built in BBQ grill, Margaritaville margarita machine, and lots of seating.

5. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By TheParsec

My home needs so much I would change everything and add a 2nd storie with master bedroom and bath. Make my kitchen bigger and add a pool in the back.

6. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By avimagine

Hmm who doesn't like 48" gas ranges? :)

Dream but not ever possible:

Location. I think oh in Disneyland would be good :p

Technically feasible:

Add a master retreat loft, complete with heated floors and towel rack, air and whirlpool 2 person tub, 4-person travertine glass wall shower with twin body showers and a waterfall, ndows, separate water closet, three sinks (1 just for shaving), urinal and bidet (gotta keep clean), quartz countertops, a make up counter for the future missus. floor to ceiling windows (the type that frost up with a flip of a switch), slate flooring (non slip :) marble walls with inlaid mosaic mural. 12 ft ceilings with tray ceiling in bedroom area (made to look like a starry night complete with shooting star. Beautiful birds eye maple panelling, heavy wool drapes. 70" 3DTV (Motorized from ceiling), King size platform bed (rotating of course), separate dressing room with his, hers and his closets :p (of course hers would be the size of my current masters), skylight (also frosted at a flick of a switch), private balcony (largish say 10x20), and a fully equipped study with all the computer techno stuff, floor to ceiling bookcases (2 floors high) topped with a walkaboe observation cupola, as well a entry foyer that serves as a reception and sitting area. :) Oh and a martini bar done Tiki style.

7. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By avimagine

As a side note double ovens in the wall are much nicer then those under the stove. One can only wish.

8. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By TiggerPooh1973

My first choice would be leveling out the yard and having a nice lawn. Everything is steep and rocky here, so there aren't many flat yards. That would be nice.

9. See Post

See Post New Member

Oh I forgot about the commercial grade Viking oven with 6 burners.

10. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By LVBelle

I'd add another story with a few more bedrooms and then fix up my backyard with a pool, jacuzzi, BBQ and grass instead of just dirt and rocks!

11. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By Autopia Deb

I'd add a second floor with a Master Suite and possibly another bedroom for either house guests or to use as a craft/computer room. The master suite would of course have french doors leading to a balcony overlooking the newly landscaped yard (with brick BBQ area). On the main floor I would turn the back patio into a walled in recreation room, with ping pong and pool tables and a wet bar.

12. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By Goofyernmost

Nothing...I'm easy to please. Besides I rent now, so what I see is what I get.

13. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By Ursula

Simple: I want the house from The Incredibles.

14. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By Autopia Deb

Oooh me too. I love that mid century ranch style house! Fill it with Danish Modern and I'm in designer heaven!

15. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By TheParsec

I want the house from the movie The Haunting! I love all the wood work in there, and that moving dance floor room! Oh and that fireplace! I don't mind the ghost that come with it. :)

16. See Post

See Post New Member

Well heck, if we're going big, can I have the Winchester Mystery House? LOL! I loved that place.

17. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By EmmaJayne

Well my dream of moving into Sleeping Beauty Castle doesnt look like coming true anytime soon but my wish for the home I'm currently renting is simple- I wish I could change the curtains!! They are a horrible faded yellow with brown and green floral print.. I could easy take them down, hang my own and re-hang these when the lease is up.. But it would cost almost $1,000 due to the odd sizes of the windows and that money is better off in our savings account so we can buy our own home someday!

18. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By mickeymeg

Ohhh where would I start ? I would refinish the beaten up hard wood floors in some rooms and add lovely soft carpet in other rooms. I would change the yucky linoleum in the kitchen to maybe a slate floor. I like the layout of the kitchen, but updated cabinets, counter tops and appliances would be nice. The main bathroom needs to lose the wallpaper and fugly mini chandelear light fixtures. It also needs to have a full bathtub (right now there is just a shower stall) and new sink/ toilet. I would knock out a few walls in the bedroom areas to redo their layout. Right now there is tree bedrooms. The master, one really big one and one really little one. I would want to try and rearrange it to make the huge one smaller, the tiny one bigger and maybe even add one more small room for an office or something. We also have a strangely placed storage room type area that is sort of finished, but not really. It is also not quite connected to the main house as you have to go out to the deck then back in to get there. I would finish this room completely then figure out how to make it accessible from inside the house. It would be much more useful that way. Then to top it all off I would paint the house throughout, bright, bold, fun colours with not a hint of the ugly shades of beige in sight.
    I think that would about do it.