Do LP moderators even exist now?

Discussion in 'LaughingPlace.com' started by See Post, Mar 4, 2014.

Random Thread
  1. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By DouglasDubh

< I can't prove it to you but I honestly have reported posters that cross the line on both sides of the aisle.>

I think it would be better to call out those who cross the line, rather than say nothing to them and report them to the moderator.

2. See Post

See Post New Member

It would be nice if both liberals and conservatives could post their opinions in WE without constant attacks and denigrating of motives, but I just don't see that happening.

3. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By RoadTrip

^^^
    I agree. And I'm not talking about wacko over-the-edge trolls having their way, but people who thoughtfully present the conservative position. I actually like to see posts like that... after a while preaching to the choir becomes tiresome.

4. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By CuriousConstance

Of course its nice to have someone respectfully disagreeing rather than shouting vulgar racist or bigoted remarks, but I'd much prefer it if everyone just agree with everything I say ;)

5. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By Sara Tonin

^^^^ditto

6. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By Sara Tonin

And it's good to see red again!

7. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By EighthDwarf

I dunno. Aside from a couple of obvious exceptions, I think the folks in WE are pretty respectful. I have disagreed with many people there in the past, but the thoughtful responses I have read (especially from people like ecdc, Dabob, etc.) have actually caused me to question my own positions numerous times - sometimes even changing them completely.

WE is a good place for open-minded people to exchange ideas. But it is certainly not a good place for people who are closed-minded and preach their answers as absolute truth, especially without evidence or facts to back them up. Those folks (right and left) are rightfully challenged and sometimes act like cornered animals, lashing out in self-defense.

A key trait that separates us humans from animals is our need to ask questions and find answers. There is a tendency for many not to ask certain questions for fear of the answers they will get. So they start with their desired answer and make sure every question they dare ask gives them that answer. Like I said before, these people get rightfully challenged. When they don't it's time to worry about the future of our species.

So I will continue to read/post in WE and I hope others do as well. I have learned more there than I can say.

8. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By CuriousConstance

That was nice! :)

9. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By phruby

I don't think the report this topic to moderator works. I've reported the above attack thread about me to them multiple times and nothing happens.

10. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By skinnerbox

So Beau is back and on his fourth or fifth screen name now. The latest one is "BeausHerpes" and he's posting about girls getting drugged and raped.

So the moderators actually exist still?

And they're OK with a screen name and language of this nature?

Beau is literally begging to be banned again by choosing this screen name and posted vile garbage referencing rape. He's deliberately testing the waters to see if the moderators are even reading the boards. I'm guessing they aren't.

So we're pretty much a non-moderated discussion site now, where trolls have free rein?

11. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By oc_dean

Where the heck is Dave or Doobie .. or anyone being a "admin" around here? It's getting total ridiculous ... LP has been invaded by a "virus". It's making for a less nice discussion board/website.

Where are you guys?

Is anyone who has control of LP going to do anything?

Or are you just going to let some of these bozos keep polluting the discussion boards to the point more people leave?

12. See Post

See Post New Member

<<Where the heck is Dave or Doobie .. or anyone being a "admin" around here?>>

I strongly suspect Doobekah no longer run LP. Perhaps it was sold off to another party, and the new guys don't moderate the boards as assertively as Doobie had in the past. I have no other explanation for why Beau is being allowed to post with these screen names, personally insulting other posters with language unsuitable for a Disney family-centric web site.

I have little hope that anyone is going to shut him down and kick him off. Looks like we're stuck with him.

And on that note... if Beau so desperately wants to take over LP WE, and the mods no longer care whether or not he plays nice, fine. LP ain't the only discussion board in the universe. Life is too short to suffer fools gladly. If I'm going to waste time on the net, I'd rather watch videos of puppies and kittens.

And yes, Beau... congratulations! Your five-year-old temper tantrums worked!

I'm not going to post on LP anymore as long as you're still posting here.

Good job!

(That's the objective, right? Drive down the traffic of the web site that banned you from participating? Make them pay for hurting your feelings? Well, mission accomplished!)

13. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By EdisYoda

I left for awhile, then came back to test the waters and it was good for awhile, then BOOM, we have the teaparty "person" then Beau and Granny back. It's not worth the headache. If something doesn't happen soon, I guess I won't need to bother with this site anymore.

Beau, I hope your happy about being the jerk that you are.

14. See Post

See Post New Member

So sad.

15. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By oc_dean

Does anyone know how to contact Doobie .. at least to find out if the site was sold to someone else .. and how to contact them?

16. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By tashajilek

Maybe people should just take a break from WE and post on the regular Disney discussion sections for awhile. Honestly why give satisfaction to a pathetic loser anyways?

17. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By Jim in Merced CA

To my knowledge, Doobie and Rebekah are still owners of LP.com.

18. See Post

See Post New Member

Then the Doobster has outsourced his moderator role to an unreliable individual.

Seriously... LP administrators are OK with someone calling themselves "BeausHerpes"??

What if I created a sock puppet named "ImagineeringGonorrhea"? Would that also fly?

Doobie would have banned both of 'em.

I have no idea what's going on with the current crop of mods.

I'm still banking they're on vacation and no one is minding the fort.

19. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By RoadTrip

Maybe they realize that no matter how many times they ban him he will just come back using another name. They hope WE will do something about him by refusing to feed him, so that he loses interest in being here. It is probably the only long term solution.

20. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By FerretAfros

On the LP Podcast a while back they announced that Fanboy was also joining the LP ownership team, and they were planning on bringing some new stuff to the site, but I'm not sure the current status of all that (there have certainly been a ton more homepage articles recently)

If you want to contact Doobie, Rebekah, or Fanboy directly, try emailing any of them at (their name)@laughingplace.com