F! Riverside Check-in Time?

Discussion in 'Disneyland Trip Planning and Trip Reports' started by See Post, Dec 5, 2007.

Random Thread
  1. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By aspenlf

Hi everyone! For our upcoming trip to Disneyland, We have Fantasmic! Riverside seating. We have not done this for several years.

Does it still go by first to check in gets front row? If so, how early can I/should I check in to get the coveted front row seating?

This will be for the first show of the night if that helps.

Thanks in advance to all for your help.

Leanne

2. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By SuzieQ

Riverside seating is assigned at check-in. We got to choose our seats. They've added more seating areas since we last did this, though, due to the balcony closing.

Official check-in for the 9 pm show was, I think, at 7:30. I got there at 7. They start taking check-ins as soon as they have the podium set-up.

3. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By ABBY

We had riverside seating for the 9pm show last Friday (11/30) We were told to check in at 7pm. We got there at 6:50 and there was already a super long line, that we ended up waiting in for almost an hour, as people from the 9 AND 10:30 shows chose their seats. When we got there there were only two places to choose from with seats together (for only 2). So you might want to check the line a half hour or so before your check in time.

4. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By amazedncal2

ABBY, that must have been so frustrating. In Oct. DH went to check at 6:30 and there were people in line, he waited and we ended up with seats in the 2nd row. I didn't know that the people for the 10:30 show picked their seats at 7pm also. Good to know.

5. See Post

See Post New Member

^ Yikes!

I'm a freak about seats, so I move myself to that side of the park by about 6 pm and keep an eye on the set-up process. I'm known to get a Coke and relax on the planter edge while I wait. I send the rest of the group off to rides in the area.

6. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By brea77

Hello we are going to be doing Fantasmic! Riverside seating for the first time this trip as well (Only 5 more days) and I am not sure the exact location of the seating. Can anyone help me out? Thanks so much.

7. See Post

See Post New Member

The seating is to the right of where you load for the rafts to the Pirates Lair.

amazed - it was definitely frustrating. The reason I bought the riverside seats was so I wouldn't have to wait! I think I waited longer than if I'd just "stood by" for the show. It would totally be easer if they just assigned your seats when you bought tickets. I mean, they have a computer system so sophisticated that it can pretty much track you throughout the parks, they ought to be able to assign seats at time of purchase. ?? It sure would save a lot of time and frustration for the guests, who pay a premium for this, as well as cast members.

With that said, We really did enjoy the premier seating. The view of the show was great! But small children might have a hard time seeing everything if not in the front row. The cast members were great and would go above and beyond to get you what you wanted. The guy in front of us wanted a mint julip. The cast member told him that they would go to a restaurant to get one for him. 5 minutes later he had his mint julip :) The deserts were great and plentiful (the two of us didn't even finish one of our boxes) In fact there still are two mickey rice krispy treats in our fridge!

8. See Post

See Post New Member

brea77 - thought I should clarify, just in case you didn't know...you check in for the show by the rafts, but you have to pick up your tickets before hand. We picked up ours at guest services, to the left of the DL turnstiles, the day before the show.

9. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By brea77

Thanks ABBY I am looking forward to it. My parents really wanted to have the special seats so I think I will wait in line to check in and let them and my DH go on rides while I wait.

10. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By honeybee

I have been seriously considering this for our next trip becuase my mom is a total F! freak. Is it worth the $$? There will be four of us total, and we will have a 5 year old. Any help would be great. Thanks!!

11. See Post

See Post New Member

honeybee, it was pretty cool. I'm glad we did it, even with all the waiting. I probably wouldn't do it again (unless they change their process), but I would say it is certainly worth doing at least once, especially with your mom being a big F! fan. Since you have a 5 year old and 4 people, I'd definitely keep an eye on the check in line so you can be near the front to choose your seats. I don't know how well a 5 year old would see the show if you weren't in the first row and there were adults sitting in front of him/her.

12. See Post

See Post New Member

We once had that problem. However, we solved it by having our shorty stand when the show started. The CM's and other guests all helped him find the best possible spot.

13. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By aspenlf

Thanks everyone for the responses! I will remember to start checking around 6.

Now - have they expanded that area since the Balcony is closed, or did they add another area for seating? I would love to know more about those options for our next trip.

Leanne

14. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By ssturgeo

We did Riverside seating in November...they have added another seating section...25 more seats I believe with the balcony closing.

We checked in around 6:30...two couples in front of us...we were in front row. Yes, I would get there around 6 and keep an eagle eye out!

I think it is worth it...have done it twice, balcony once...a treat every few years or so, or when with someone who has never experienced it.

15. See Post

See Post New Member

That's exactly how I do it, too. Once every few years as a treat. And typically with someone who has never done it before.