Lights,Motor, Action to Carsland - Imminent?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News, Rumors and General Disc' started by See Post, Dec 9, 2012.

Random Thread
  1. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By hopemax

So we knew about the blue sky rumors but, I was surfing the photography board on the DIS, and found a post saying, "In honor of the Stunt Show going away..."

Then someone had a link fro Dec 5th

"While still a rumor, The DIS has confirmed from multiple sources that Disney will officially announce this week that they are bringing Cars Land to Disney's Hollywood Studios. Lights, Motors, Action! and the Backlot Tour will be leveled to make room for an expansion of Pixar Place to include the new land."

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/news/Theme_Parks_Attractions/Cars_Land_is_coming_to_DHS.htm" target="_blank">http://www.wdwinfo.com/news/Th..._DHS.htm</a>

So anyone else have any reports that the change is imminent and not just "probably, someday?"

2. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By sjhym333

As much as I love that idea...something really needs to happen at that end of the park...my sources are telling me that nothing has been decided. Honestly, if Disney was going to put Carsland at the Studios, the new Fantasyland opening would have been a perfect opportunity to announce

3. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By RoadTrip

<<Honestly, if Disney was going to put Carsland at the Studios, the new Fantasyland opening would have been a perfect opportunity to announce>

I'm not so sure. They want people to go to WDW to see the New Fantasyland NOW. They don't want them deciding to wait another couple of years until they can see Carsland also.

4. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By SuperDry

<<< I'm not so sure. They want people to go to WDW to see the New Fantasyland NOW. They don't want them deciding to wait another couple of years until they can see Carsland also. >>>

Give that man a cigar. The opening of New Fantasyland was a general press event and it was widely reported in the media. The purpose was to make sure the message got out to the public, so that they are enticed to come visit to see it. The last thing they want is a mixed message of "you should really wait a few more years until CarsLand opens."

5. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By TP2000

That announcement on that other website on December 5th was referencing the big media presentation at WDW on the 7th.

The media presentation came and went on the 7th and not a peep was mentioned about Cars Land going to WDW.

The website seems to have jumped the gun on a "rumor" that didn't appear to be very solid at this point. It's quite likely that Burbank and Orlando are considering a Cars Land for WDW, and Imagineering would be happy to have the work and build a Cars Land anywhere. But there was no information provided at this week's media events, which is what that other website was claiming would happen.

Heck, at the media event on the 7th they couldn't even really provide any information or timeline or artwork about Avatarland, and that was formally announced 15 months ago. Eek!

6. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By RoadTrip

<<Heck, at the media event on the 7th they couldn't even really provide any information or timeline or artwork about Avatarland, and that was formally announced 15 months ago. Eek!>>

Avatarland will never happen. In the photo that was released (and linked to here in another thread) have you ever seen Joe Rohde look so unenthusiastic about anything in his life? He seems to be holding up his hands as if to say "What in God's name are you doing to my park?"

7. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By skinnerbox

<<He seems to be holding up his hands as if to say "What in God's name are you doing to my park?">>

YES!!! LMAO!!!

If someone had handed Joe a weapon at that point, I think Mr. Cameron would seen ducking under the table.

And what about those other facial expressions? Cameron looks like he has gas, Vaughn seems to be contemplating early retirement, and Staggs isn't really there. It's the new Burbank Executive AA prototype in action. No more embarrassing incidents like Marty Sklar falling asleep in meetings.

With the nod off factor for these kinds of staged events so risky, the Staggs AA seems like a proven winner.

8. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By mrkthompsn

It will be done in time for Cars III

9. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By Kennesaw Tom

Are we talking the same rides that are featured in the current Carsland out in DCA? I'm not so sure we need another TestTrack like attraction. I guess more is better than Lights Motor Action, which I think has out lived its shelf life.

10. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By mrkthompsn

It's not Test Track. It's Cars

11. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By Jim in Merced CA

<I'm not so sure we need another TestTrack like attraction. >

Totally agree.

Same reason, WDW doesn't need an "Indiana Jones Adventure" ride with jeep vehicles.

Why? Same ride system and exact same track layout as 'Dinosaur'

Some will argue that 'Small World' and 'Pirates' and 'Mexico' have the same ride system (flat bottom boats) and I say 'not the same thing.'

12. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By HokieSkipper

Radiator Springs Racers can't be farther from Test Track. Has anyone saying they're the same ridden it? Doesn't feel anywhere near the same ride.

13. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By TP2000

Test Track and Racers are about the same as Everest and Big Thunder are as two long coaster trains.

They are both rides with fast cars, but the look and feel and theme are very different.

Racers is also a lot better and a lot more fun than Test Track; about the difference between Mexico boat ride and Pirates boat ride.

And at Racers you don't have to put up with a cheesy Chevy commercial slapping you upside the head at every turn of the queue or track either.

14. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By Kennesaw Tom

<<WDW doesn't need an "Indiana Jones Adventure" ride with jeep vehicles.

Why? Same ride system and exact same track layout as 'Dinosaur'>>

I'll take Indy over Dinosaur anytime!!!!!

Dinosaur should be torn down and removed. Indy is a multi level ride. Dinosaur is all on one level ( except for the queue ) and in my opinion is like the Pooh ride with bouncy cars and flashes.

15. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By wahooskipper

Wasn't impressed with Dinosaur. Can't see why a Cars attraction wouldn't work in Florida for the same reason TP2000 raised. I've ridden lots of coasters but they are all unique experiences unless you are riding a clone.

16. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By SuperDry

<<< I'll take Indy over Dinosaur anytime!!!!! >>>

Same here.

<<< Dinosaur should be torn down and removed. Indy is a multi level ride. Dinosaur is all on one level >>>

Actually, Dinosaur has exactly the same track layout as Indy. It's amazing to me how they managed to waste the multi-level nature of it with the way they dressed the attraction.

17. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By FerretAfros

>>Radiator Springs Racers can't be farther from Test Track. Has anyone saying they're the same ridden it? Doesn't feel anywhere near the same ride.<<

The rides have unique qualities, but I thought they came across with an overall feeling of 'sameness'. The show parts of the attractions are quite different, but the "wow factor" that is the signature moment of each is basically the same thing. And while the shows themselves are quite different, they're both essentially about cars (with or without a capital 'C'), which only makes them seem more similar. It reminds me of it's a small world and that one room in the Mexico boat ride: they're both flat boat rides past singing dolls/children in a paper mache-esque environment; yes, they're different, but they feel quite similar.

Also using the same basic technology, but with a vastly different overall feeling, is Journey to the Center of the Earth at Tokyo DisneySea. It uses the TestTrack vehicles, but the whole thing is wrapped in a completely different story and setting than the other two versions. The high-speed section at the end also has the distinction of some pretty impressive elevation changes (helix up, followed by a Splash Mountain-like drop), and indoor portions inside the caves. Add in some really neat visuals, a something-goes-horribly-wrong storyline, and an incredibly detailed queue, and it manages to feel like a totally unique attraction.