Modern Family Goes To DL

Discussion in 'Disneyland News, Rumors and General Discussion' started by See Post, May 10, 2012.

Random Thread
  1. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By danyoung

Did anyone see the episode last night? I know from online reports that they were there during an incredibly busy time. But you couldn't tell. They did a terrific job with the background players, making it seem totally natural that these folks were just folks visiting DL.

The only thing that rang false was that they all could separate and go wherever they wanted, and somehow found each other again, all without planning or meeting locations or anything. There was a bit of cell phone usage, but for the most part family memebers just took off and somehow found the family again later. Just a small thing, but we all know that it doesn't work like that.

Overall and excellent episode!

2. See Post

See Post New Member

Did anyone see the episode last night? I know from online reports that they were there during an incredibly busy time. But you couldn't tell. They did a terrific job with the background players, making it seem totally natural that these folks were just folks visiting DL.

The only thing that rang false was that they all could separate and go wherever they wanted, and somehow found each other again, all without planning or meeting locations or anything. There was a bit of cell phone usage, but for the most part family memebers just took off and somehow found the family again later. Just a small thing, but we all know that it doesn't work like that.

Overall an excellent episode!

3. See Post

See Post New Member

Oops.

4. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By irishfan

Looking forward to watching this episode, we are a few weeks behind here in Australia. It was filmed on February 29th, when the park was open 24hours.

5. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By 9oldmen

>>It was filmed on February 29th, when the park was open 24hours. <<
    Yeah, because there wasn't enough already going on that day. I remember seeing the crew setting up along the Rivers of America in front of "Pirates" with banners hanging from the lamposts saying something like "New Orleans Bayou Bash".

6. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By SpokkerJones

"The only thing that rang false was that they all could separate and go wherever they wanted, and somehow found each other again, all without planning"

You used to be able to do this before Fastpass and the insatiable need to fit everything in before your "unlimited" day pass expires.

7. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By tashajilek

Best episode ever, i really loved it! Also, they mentioned riding the Matterhorn when the MH was down for the refurb. Still a wonderful episode and i cant wait to watch again.

8. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By macnak81

These episodes of TV and movies filmed in the park is what got me hooked on Disney back in the 60's when "40 Pounds of Trouble" came out.<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49TpKN1JpjI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...pKN1JpjI</a> As a child living in NY, I would never have the chance to go to Disneyland, and the viewmaster slides and the day at Disneyland (shown once?)was all I got. Always loved seeing a peek of the park. How many shows filmed at Disneyland?

According to this website there were 34! <a href="http://www.askdavetaylor.com/how_many_movies_have_been_filmed_at_disneyland.html" target="_blank">http://www.askdavetaylor.com/h...and.html</a>

9. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By macnak81

"40 Pounds of Trouble" much better quality <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C9UAj687TM&feature=related" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...=related</a>

10. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By knightnfrees

I loved the bit with Jay as the expert on the right type of shoes for Gloria and Lily to wear. Sort of a nod to the job Ed O'Neil's character had on Married...with Children.

11. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By disneyfreaksk

^ I really got a kick out of Jay too. He stole the show.

I was surprised to see that Disney would allow a character to talk! Even though Dillon ended up being fired for it. This is such a sensitive issue for Disney.

Loved the episode. Love this show.

12. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By wahooskipper

Didn't find it particularly funny...at least not when compared to the usually excellent writing. Then again, I can't think of too many funny "ficitional" visits to Disney that the parent company forced. I think the writers probably feel a little boxed in.

I was a little surprised Disney let the talking cast member in the bear suit happen.

13. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By Autopia Deb

That is surprising. But I noticed the two walk around characters they showed, Little John and Robin Hood are characters I have never seen walking at DL or WDW and I have been going to both for a lot of years.

14. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By DDMAN26

It was funny for what they were given to do. I agree that the writers can only do so much with an episode like this.

15. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By Kar2oonMan

>>I was a little surprised Disney let the talking cast member in the bear suit happen.<<

I was more surprised when Claire said "Disneyland is home to the most expensive churros on Earth" as she tried to get everyone to eat a filling breakfast at home. It rang true and was funny, but still I was surprised Disney allowed such a line to get through. Usually these "visit a Disney theme park" episodes of shows are more like vacation planning videos.

16. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By Autopia Deb

I noticed that too, and was suprised it made it in the show.

17. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By 999HAUNTS

I loved how they bought a corndog in Fantasyland.

18. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By Kar2oonMan

>>I loved how they bought a corndog in Fantasyland.<<

It was a stunt churro performing that part.

19. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By 999HAUNTS

Wow! A churro disquised as a corndog! Now that's Disney magic!

20. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By leobloom

>> I was a little surprised Disney let the talking cast member in the bear suit happen. <<

I heard a discussion about this episode on an Orlando radio station, and the guy was talking about how surprised he was that Disney/ABC would approve the script. One of the points he mentioned was the CM in the costume speaking -- I didn't see the show but that shocked me. Did someone push the costumed CM as well?

The radio host also said in the background of some of the shots it looked like park guests were watching the filming.