New additions to the park

Discussion in 'Hong Kong Disneyland and Shanghai Disneyland' started by See Post, Sep 15, 2010.

Random Thread
  1. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By jmuboy

I was sort of playing armchair imagineer the other day and looking at pictures of HKDL and thinking about what other attractions could beef up the park besides the three new "lands" already announced. Some of my ideas:

- The SB Walk Through (copied from DL as I had already mentioned)
    - Peter Pan's Flight - the most beloved dark ride in all of the Disney parks. Is it true there is room for dark rides in the 2 major FL buildings? Plus, aren’t dark rides like this fairly inexpensive by Disney standards? $25 million maybe?
    - A copy of the DCA/WDW Little Mermaid Ride. There is plenty of room between the FL train station and Toy Story Playland entrance to create the facade that WDW is getting and build the actual ride show building beyond the berm. The train could go through a tunnel through the middle of the show building (ala Splash Mountain).
    - A return of the Flying Saucer ride in TL. Since DCA is getting the next generation of this ride, why not add a Flying Saucer version to HKDL's TL!
    - Bring the Main St Electrical Parade to HKDL. WDW won't have it forever and DL has enough night time entertainment with 2 huge outdoor shows and fireworks. The parade would give guests another reason to stay later and this is a cheap add-on in my opinion. The parade just needs to be freighted and shipped.

Also, is it just me or does it seem like a no brainer that the western themed land (Grizzly Gulch is not the final title for this area) or the Mystic Point area would have a 3rd train station? My vote Mystic Point since there already seems to be a "freight depot" vignette planned alongside the tracks.

Just some of my ideas. Your thoughts?

2. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By Witches of Morva

ORDDU: Those are great suggestions and it just so happens that my sisters and I have discussed these very same additions to this park.

ORWEN: The Little Mermaid attraction was originally supposed to be a part of Fantasyland from what we've read. Plus they've got some unused space for a Peter Pan dark ride.

ORDDU: Tomorrowland supposedly has some unused 'pads' for something--like maybe Star Tours perhaps.

3. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By jmuboy

Thanks Witches. maybe the Disney exacs somewhere are reading these posts!