Oct 18 Share a Dream Come True Parade

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News, Rumors and General Disc' started by See Post, Oct 18, 2001.

Random Thread
  1. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By Doobie

This topic is for discussion of the October 18th pictorial on the Magic Kingdom's new Share a Dream Come True Parade. This article is at: <a href="News-ID504780.asp" target="_blank">http://LaughingPlace.com/News-ID504780.asp</a>.

2. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By JBills

Oh my gosh, I almost cried just looking at the pictures! Another triumph for Disney! I can't wait until it comes to DL. Yeah!

3. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By Tannerman

Looks dumb... gee, put them in glass domes... not to mention the glare factor... how cheesy

4. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By Great Stone Dragon

I enjoyed the parade quite a bit when I was there the other week. It's got a lot of Disney characters walking around, more characters build into the floats, and the idea is cute. It probably wasn't the best parade I've ever seen, but after so many parades, they kind of all seem similar to a certain degree. I enjoy them.

5. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By SJHYM

The parade is nice but thats about it...only nice. It is a short parade that seems longer than it is because of the stops it makes, but when it doesnt stop (like when it rains) it is very short

6. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By 45YearsofMagic

First off, JBills...sadly enough, we are presently stuck with the flat-out boring Parade of the Stars through 2003. Share A Dream Come True will most likely never make a trip down the West Coast Main Street, due to the fact that the floats are too big for Disneyland's much narrower parade route.

I am excited to see this parade in June when I visit, but does anyone else think that the character's spoken poems are on the cheesy side?

And I can't tell what the Hag costume really looks like from the pictures...is it a la Fantasmic transformation, or does the performer just throw her cape over her head and pull down a mask?

And if I remember correctly, the press release heralded a "character carrousel in the clouds" rising from the finale float. From what I can tell, it's just a crystal castle. Anyone who has seen the parade wanna clue me in? Thanks in advance.

I must say, it looks far more entertaining than the 25th anniversary parade. Ugly and boring.

Kind of like Parade of the Stars!

Drew :eek:)

7. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By Kevin

What an absolutely fantastic job this site does in sharing these sorts of things. The write-ups, the pictures and the videos are all top notch and the time it must take to put this together is so much appreciated. That's why I think this site has got to be the best Disney site for up-to-date news.

Anyway, on to the parade. I went down to see the 100 Years kick-off a couple weeks ago and generally give it very high marks for some of the new things going on and the overall general environment that is created. However, I rated this parade near the bottom of my list of 100 Years events. I sure hope this site showcases Mickey's Jammin’ Jungle Parade!

I just think this parade is VERY similar to the Magical Moments parade as far as concept is concerned. Where are the creative juices within Imagineering on this one? Do we really need to reuse old concepts so heavily?

Also, as you can see, what actually happens at each stop is very long. After the respective main character in charge of each float goes into a lengthy discussion about dreams, they finally pull kids into the crowd (solely to dance with the characters which is quite boring to watch -- at least Magical Moments had most of the kids actually doing something like setting the table for B&B, etc.). Then, when that is complete the parade proceeds a short distance and this whole thing happens again.

And, as 45YearsofMagic discussed, the transformation of the Evil Queen (see Witches, I got it right this time) is not good show. She turns around and pulls her cape over her head and pulls the Hag costume on (yes, very similar to Fantasmic) and then when that is over she turns back around and pulls it off and then there is a big pile of costume on the bottom of the globe floor. It doesn't seem very good show to me.

And, to top it off, the finale float "with a castle rising from the clouds" is a total disappointment. I just kept thinking during the parade that I couldn't wait to see this great finale float that had been discussed in write-up after write-up. It is terrible.

But, again, overall the 100 Years is very good in my opinion. I just think they could have done better here.

8. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By clatertrap

As to Drew's comment about parade route width: America On Parade had floats far bigger than these, and identical versions of that parade ran at both WDW and DL.

The bridge from the hub to Liberty Square in WDW is not any narrower than the gap between Alice and the Matterhorn in DL.

Light Magic's floats were so large (and 80 ft long) that curbs were moved in town square to accomidate the floats turning into the gate.

The upshot is - the parade could run at DL, but probably won't for a different reason. WDW runs parades on a 3 year cycle (or longer). The cost of this parade is amertized over three years, and will probably change names after the 100th celebration, and keep on running, just as the last parade ran for - what - 6 years?

9. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By ToonKirby

It seems like lately they don't really swap parades between DL and WDW, MSEP not withstanding.

10. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By Doobie

<<<
    What an absolutely fantastic job this site does in sharing these sorts of things. The write-ups, the pictures and the videos are all top notch and the time it must take to put this together is so much appreciated. That's why I think this site has got to be the best Disney site for up-to-date news.
    >>>

You're welcome :)

<<<
    Anyway, on to the parade. I went down to see the 100 Years kick-off a couple weeks ago and generally give it very high marks for some of the new things going on and the overall general environment that is created. However, I rated this parade near the bottom of my list of 100 Years events. I sure hope this site showcases Mickey's Jammin’ Jungle Parade!
    >>>

We will be being articles on the other 3 parades as well that are very similar to this article.

Doobie.

11. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By MkPLutoguy

thats wonderful! i loved watching the videos and looking at the pictures. thank you so much for doing this and i really look foward to the other parades! parades are what makes a disney trip special and even though people complain you have to look at it from the other angle. people have no idea how hard it is to put on a parade or show or something of that nature. well done for both the parade performers and laughingplace people!

oh and if there is a problem with disneyland's parade route being too narrow, couldnt they find another path or something?? the parade of the stars floats were definatley smaller and i have to admit remember the magic was better, but i dont think that the width was all that different.

12. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By tkrajah

Fantastic job of covering the floats and parade!

I got to see the parades a couple of weeks ago and I'm sorry to say this was my least favorite. I didn't think I'd really like it at all from the pictures and descriptions, but actually the only thing I was disapointed in was the music/lyrics. I agree that the spoken lyrics were rather cheesy throughout the parade, and I *loved* Magical Moments. But I was surprised with how much I loved the floats when I saw them in person. I hope we can go back to WDW during the celebration so I can see it again and give it another try :)