Oct 25 Tapestry of Dreams Parade

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News, Rumors and General Disc' started by See Post, Oct 30, 2001.

Random Thread
  1. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By Doobie

This topic is for discussion of the October 25th pictorial on Epcot's new Tapestry of Dreams Parade. This article is at: <a href="News-ID504860.asp" target="_blank">http://LaughingPlace.com/News-ID504860.asp</a>.

2. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By tkrajah

Wow, no one's posted anything on Tapestry of Dreams? What a surprise!

Once again, fantastic coverage of this parade. The videos were very nice, and great photos!

I've now seen all three versions of Tapestry and I have a hard time deciding whether I like the original or this version better -- I just know that the middle version (Tapestry of Nations after changing to the non-celebration version) was definitely the least.

I loved Tapestry of Nations and was really concerned about what they might do to my favorite parade (or one of my favorites anyway), but after seeing it in person I think they did a fantastic job (though it took the second seeing before I really enjoyed it). I do miss the Sage of Time and think he had the best lyrics of all, but the second version of Tapestry of Nations seemed forced and Tapestry of Dreams really flows well again and tells a beautiful story. I love fantasy so the addition of the Dream Seekers was neat to me, and I love their chanted lyrics that were so reminescant of the musical CATS. The additions to the soundtrack were fantastic with the exception of the children's voiceovers -- those were a little overdone IMHO. And I think adding the noise-makers to each character really added a nice touch to the parade. Thumbs up to Disney for this one! My favorite of the 100 Years of Magic parades!

3. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By Disneybrad

Glad to hear someone else though it sounded like a T.S. Elliot rhyme as well.

4. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By OrlandoBoi

Tapestry of Dreams made me tear up EVERY TIME I saw it on my recent trip.

It(along with Illuminations)was one of the live events that I actually saw more than five times.

Maybe that was because the cheap skates at Disney were running the fireworks in the MK ONLY on Sat. nights(YIKES!!!)and Fantasmic is something I have had on tape for about three years now and am sick of seeing.

5. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By MkPLutoguy

Great videos and pictures yet again!! Cant wait till mickeys jammin jungle is up!