Oct 31 World Report - WDW Cutbacks

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News, Rumors and General Disc' started by See Post, Oct 31, 2001.

Random Thread
  1. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By Doobie

This topic is for discussion of the October 31st World Report column on Walt Disney World cutbacks. This article is at: <a href="News-ID140010.asp" target="_blank">http://LaughingPlace.com/News-ID140010.asp</a>.

2. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By WEDWAY100

Another great report, Steve. I'm glad LP is getting more WDW coverage. Also, a very good way to shine the best possible light on all of the cutbacks. Thanks for taking the time to write it.

3. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By virk4

I'll be staying at the Beach Club in a few days. This article was very informative. Thanks.

4. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By riverted

Very cool article... But, it mentions SpectroMagic on 7:00 & 9:00 p.m. on Sat.

Is Spectro actually still going on... Well, the reason I ask is because it's not mentioned in the Current park map...

I figured that it's probably not in there cause it's going away soon or it is already gone... (that's why I went & saw it on this past Sat.)

I think it probably is going away till summer...

5. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By StephenHalpin

Thanks for the encouraging words about the article.

I checked with Guest Relations before I printed the article and I checked again just a few moments ago and the article times for SpectroMagic are correct according to Guest Relations. How much longer SpectroMagic will continue is anyones guess at this point

6. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By BrigmanMT

I really enjoyed it. I would like to see more of these, actually happening in the park, kind of articles. Thank you.

7. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By puddn7

I thought that it was nice to read about all of the changes in one article. I am sad to hear about the end of the early morning enteries. We always took advantages of them.

8. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By ParrotHead

Just to comment on something Stephen said... I, too, have heard (first-hand from a very reliable source) that River Country won't be opening back up again.

Puddn7 - You're not the only person who's sorry to hear about Early Entry going away. Please do be sure to write Disney at wdw.guest.communications@disney.com to let them know. Or, you can write a "regular" letter and send it to one (or more) of the addresses here:

<a href="http://www.wdwblues.com/write.disney.html" target="_blank">http://www.wdwblues.com/write.
    disney.html</a>

They've received a LOT of complaints about this, and I think it's important for folks to let them know that Early Entry will be missed. I know it doesn't always feel like it, but Disney *does* listen to its guests. If they get enough complaints, it'll come back. If they don't get enough complaints, I think it may stay gone even once the economy picks back up.

ParrotHead

9. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By TBear6000

I just sent an email to Disney, letting them know I was upset by the cancellation of Surprise Mornings, and I hope that I at least get a reply. I'd also planned on having a character breakfast at the Garden Grill, but now they no longer serve breakfast. Now I have plans for eating at another restaurant, but it at least would've been nice for Disney to contact those with reservations and let them know. If I hadn't about it on the Internet, I would've gotten to WDW and not even have known. On the telephone, the employee said they were trying and/or planning to contact people with reservations, but we never heard anything from them. On top of that, I was afraid to fly before the events of 9/11. For me to get on a plane in less than a week, will not be an easy thing. I find it dissapointing that even though I'm going ahead and going to WDW anyhow, that they're essentially hurting people like me who are still coming to their parks right now, in spite of everything going on.