Outrunning a Laura!!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iamsally, Aug 27, 2020.

Random Thread
  1. iamsally

iamsally Well-Known Member

Okay, we are in no danger but we are getting out of Arkansas and into Oklahoma before the effects of the hurricane hit Mena. We took time to go the the Skyline for one of our favorite breakfasts and were disappointed that Covid guidelines were not being followed. We still ate but came home and scrubbed down. We also got a table away from the others but many were close together. AND the waitresses had their masks down around their necks.

2. PNWTigger

PNWTigger Well-Known Member

I'm glad that you're not in danger from the hurricane, but I can't say that I am surprised about the restaurant. That kind of behavior is why we still rely on food delivery services instead of going out to eat. I do miss sitting down at a restaurant and actually being served my food, but it's just not worth the risk for us since we deal with going in to the office every day instead of being able to work from home.

3. iamsally

iamsally Well-Known Member

We had been out twice in Mena and both places were super compliant and I felt pretty comfortable. (This is an area with less than 200 total cases.) So I was really disappointed that my favorite spot was so lackluster.
    We have made it to western Arizona and should make it to Tulare (about 3 hours from home) tomorrow evening. Then home by Monday late morning or early afternoon.

PNWTigger likes this.