Plane Crazy

Discussion in 'Play Pen' started by See Post, Apr 6, 2009.

Random Thread
  1. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By DyGDisney

>>>Did you know beers were $1 on the jet before a certain person drank them out of business. ;)<<<

If that includes Corona I'll take one!

2. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By smedley

Oh yes DyG, Corona is in fact the beer of choice around here :)

It's great to see so many people hanging out!

I bet TQ is going to have a blast on the rugby tour! She does get about a bit ;)

I am firmly on the croc wearing side I am afraid ;)

3. See Post

See Post New Member

Oh and don't forget mixed drinks are only $2 too :)

4. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By MomluvsDisney

The shivanator!! I have missed you, friend of mine...Can I buy you a drink? (I hear they are ludicrously low on this flight!!)

Any new ears to speak of?

5. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By amazedncal2

I was going to by my ticket last night but I couldn't think of anything clever to say. I still can't think of anything clever so I'm going to go ahead and buy my ticket, stand in line for boarding and hope something comes to me :)

I've already admitted to lurking occasionally and I'm not sure I can keep up, BUT I do always carry snacks with me so if the "plane" charges for those little packs of nuts, I'll be happy to share :)

I'd like a seat by a door please :)

6. See Post

See Post New Member

by=buy.....sheesh, maybe I'll be the passenger who needs the edit button.

7. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By mickeynewe

"charges for those little packs of nuts"

Oh my, wouldn't Knight have a field day with that one? *turns red at the thought*

Amazed, you are more clever than you think with this crowd! hehe

And don't worry-- I ALWAYS need the edit button. You are in very good company! ^_^

8. See Post

See Post New Member

I've lurked enough to know what you are referring to ;) I am the classic set up person for my adult kids. Before they even say it they get "the look" because I know what they are thinking 8l

"cough".....see I need that edit button..... I MEANT to say.....shoot now I can't think of anything that couldn't be twisted around.

9. See Post

See Post New Member

Pure of mind and thought ;) Yup you will totally fit right in..

Count me in for the bag of nuts, one can't have enough snacks to keep one going I find :D

How is the shopping for the crocs sandals coming along? You made a choice yet?

It's lovely here today (well at least through the office window, I am in the office that has windows today) beautiful sunshine and 57 degrees, didn't even need a jacket to go out to lunch :)

10. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By RockyMtnMinnie

OK, I have a pocket full of cash. Keep the beers coming!

I am going to bury DH in the rose garden again. Extra deep this time. Since I don't start my new j*b until Thursday, I decided to finally finish the work in the basement. I am building a wine hutch and he is nit-picking me to death. I threatened to take the sledge hammer to the hutch and him.

I will resume working on it when he goes to work.

11. See Post

See Post New Member

The roses will look wonderful :)

12. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By Kennesaw Tom

Can I climb aboard? After my last flight to travel home for my parents 60th Wedding Annivesary and the flight arrived 12 hours late ( for various reasons, weather, too much fuel on the plane, had to ask a flight attendant to get off the flight as the plane was over weight, had to move around over weight passengers to equalize the weight on right and left sides of the plane) and my luggage was lost. I'm afraid I'm on the Federal Do No Fly list.

13. See Post

See Post New Member

I ment Federal No Fly list.

14. See Post

See Post New Member

LOL you're very much welcome KT! Sounds like you had quite the experience :)

15. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By Autopia Deb

As miserable as that flight was, I hope you had a good time visiting family and that your parents had a fantabulous anniversary!

16. See Post

See Post New Member

We were flying out on a friday morning. The flight was suppose to leave Atlanta at 8 AM and land in Providence at 10 AM. There were storms in the Northeast and Delta cancelled all flight destined for the northeast. Meanwhile every other airpline's flights were arriving and departing ( even to the northeast ) on schedule. Several passengers asked the ticket agents why everyoen else was flying to NY, CT, Boston, etc.. but Delta was not. We were given no good explaination. Meanwhile we were told that checked luggage would be flown to our destination on the next flight. Then Delta books us or the 3 pm flight to Providence. At 5 PM they let us board the flight which is in a 70 passenger Canada Airjet. We board the plane outside, no ramp you just walk up three steps and get on the plane. At 5:30 PM we are told that the flight is overweight and they have to pump some of the fuel off. Storms again.. lighting shuts down the airport and apparently Federal Regulations say that the "door" for the plane can not be closed till the plane is in the air. Water is puddling up in the isle. In my best British pirate ascent I say, so that the flight crew can hear me "Captain we are taking on water". It was actually quite funny and everyone was laughing. Still overweight so they ask a flight attendant to deboard the plane. Then they start shifting passengers on the plane to level the weight. I swear I have never in my entire life seen that done before. OK, so now its 8 PM and finally we are off the ground. We arrive at 10 PM.... I nearly kiss the ground. Quite a few of the people on the flight were suppose to be on the 8 AM flight that moring as well and for most of us our luggage is lost. KJ had his luggage. There were several women crying as their luggage was gone. And because we arrived 12 hours late many people had missed their engagements that they were suppose to attend friday. We had planned to arrive in RI a day prior to the Anniversary so we were OK. I fortunately packed a carryon with toiletries, socks and a change of underwear, also while racing out of the house that morning I threw a pair of gym short in my carryone in case the hotel had a gym. So now its late, we check into the hotel, starving.... so then go out to eat a meal at TGI Fridays. The next moring I get up and head down for breakfast in my cowboy boots ( which I wore on the plane ) and gym shorts and met up with many of my relatives as we were all staying in the same hotel.

Needless to say Delta knew I was not pleased. We were offered $150 off any Delta flight over the next year ( which I had no intention of using ). My brother-in-law is a pilot for Delta and he asked me not to use his name when speaking with Delta.... he jokingly said he did not want to get fired.

But it was an awful situation. I have not flown since and its been a year.

17. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By TXDISNEYNERD

Oh what a horrible flight KT. I have never heard of them rearranging the passengers to even out weight before.

<Captain we are taking on water>

I would have been rolling in the isle. LOL

You can sit back and relax on this flight. You can get up and move around whenever you want and we have $1 beers. ;)

18. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By murfsmom

So I'm just curious, just where does this plane go ? Do pick out where we want to go and when we get over it we parachute out ?Or is this just a virtual plane trip that we just hang together and pick up people along the way ? LOL

19. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By mickeynewe

This flight is like the old Eagles song, Hotel California. Once you check in you can check out, but you may never leave..... muhhhaaaaa.

This flight never ends. Guess you didn't read the fine print or did TX forget the fine print? tsk tsk TX

20. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By murfsmom

Cool I'm in or should I say onboard !! I'm going to try and keep up, but until my bil get better i might be hit and miss. Mickeynews- we have had quite an ordeal with my bil, it's so much to go into here but you can catch up on it in community under "prayers and positive thoughts"