Random Thread
  1. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By hammertime

Hey,

Has anyone used RideMax before? I'm wondering if it works.

I'll be there over Laborday weekend for the 1/2 marathon and I'm really looking at ways to get everything in.

2. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By stagemomx3

RideMax works awesome!

3. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By SoThisIsLove

I used it last October (mid-month) and it didn't work for us. It had us going to rides that were being refurbed (my bad, I guess, for not checking) and it had us getting to Pirates from Big Thunder in 1 minute. After the 3rd attraction, we just did our own thing.
    Perhaps it works better during super-busy times?
    stagemom: when did you guys use it?

4. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By stagemomx3

We used it June 06, it was unnecessary when we went end of last October there were no crowds. Also I believe you should be able to walk from the exit of BTM to the entrance of POTC in about a minute, it's not far.
    I found the program worked great for the morning, the biggest flaw was that it calculated to long of wait times, and by mid morning we were well ahead of schedule.
    I like just playing with it to see when certain rides have shorter wait times, etc. I think it's a great product.

5. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By WorldofDisney

What is RideMax? I've never heard of it.

6. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By mj9401

We used it in December 05.

www.ridemax.com

7. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By mj9401

WD, This is from their website.

RideMax is a computer software program guaranteed to help you save time waiting in line at Walt Disney World and Disneyland.

RideMax allows you to specify the attractions you wish to ride during your visit, then uses a sophisticated scheduling algorithm to order your attractions so that the amount of time you spend in line is minimized.
    Using historical wait time statistics for each attraction as a foundation, RideMax analyzes millions of different ride sequences in order to create a minimum-wait-time itinerary. This schedule is tailored to the expected crowd patterns on the day of your visit, for the attractions you want to ride!

8. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By SuperDry

I had RideMax a few years ago. One of the things you quickly learn through experimentation is how important it is to get there right when the park opens. You can get more done during that first hour than you can in several hours in the afternoon. This is especially true in Fantasyland.

As others have pointed out in the Nemo threads, now is a special time in the park. With such a large percentage of people going to get in line for Nemo at rope drop, the rest of the park is going to have even shorter lines during the first hour or two than it normally does.

9. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By karlg

I like RideMax. I'm pretty familiar with DL but I hadn't been there in a few years, I was going there at a busy time of year, and I wanted to check my "strategy."

The way I used it was to try out different tactics and see how they played out (I would give it different combinations of rides to schedule to see how it planned things).

Based on my experience, Ridemax has some pretty good strategies. Some key points:

1. Get there early, no strategy beats this.

2. Get fastpasses to the popular attactions early. The come-back times will be less than 2 hours early in the day so you can get a bunch early in the day.

3. Take advantage of the fact at DL (not so at Tokyo or WDW) they only care about the start time of the come back window on Fast Passes. You can pick up a FP early in the day and use it later. This not only saves you back-tracking, it means you can go on rides that don't have fast passes early in the day before they get crowded. Save the FP for later in the day when the park it crowded. Ridemax has the option to use and not use the delayed FP comeback time and it shows you the difference.

3. With fastpasses in hand, go on any Fantasyland attractions (except Small World) you want to experience first thing in the day. Fantasyland attractions have a short ride time and low capacity, so you can go on all the Fantasyland attractions in less than 1 hour if you do them first thing in the day.

4. Ridemax also gives you an idea of what attractions to save for later in the day.

The way I used Ridemax was to plan my first few "moves" of the day (which FP to get) and which attractions to ride early. I then looked to see what it scheduled for later in the day.

Anyway, I thought it helped in planing what to do to save waiting in line.