Soft Openings?

Discussion in 'Hong Kong Disneyland and Shanghai Disneyland' started by See Post, Jun 23, 2012.

Random Thread
  1. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By friarthe

We're headed down to HK next week, and I'm debating getting a new pass in hopes of a soft opening for Grizzly Gulch having a soft opening. (I've lapsed a few months now, and will renew in late July for sure when I take my parents to the park.)

Does anybody know how soft opening work here in China? Any chance of weekday testings for a few lucky guests?

I'm still taking the July 15 opening for the new land with a grain of salt, since that's the way things work here on the mainland...

2. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By Witches of Morva

ORDDU: Don't all the Disney theme parks have soft openings for their newest attractions as a sort of 'test run'? I don't know about HKDL but a witch would suspect they would have to have them too. Good luck. My sisters and I will keep our broomsticks crossed for you in the hopes that you get to ride Grizzly Mine Train ahead of it official opening so that you can come back here and tell us what it was like!!!

3. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By FerretAfros

I seem to recall that the Tokyo parks have extremely limited (if any) soft openings, so I don't think that all of the Disney parks have the same policy. The ones in the US are often open for a very long time before the official opening, but some don't open until the published date (like all the new stuff at DCA). I guess there's probably a chance that it would be open early, but I wouldn't bank on it, even in the US.

4. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By Dr Hans Reinhardt

Apparently TDS has been letting guests into Toyville Trolley Park to look around periodically, however nothing is open. I can't imagine how any park with custom attractions like Disney's could afford to operate without doing a few weeks of testing and training first.