Things You've Never Done

Discussion in 'Disneyland Trip Planning and Trip Reports' started by See Post, Nov 1, 2007.

Random Thread
  1. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By ABBY

From what I have been reading there are quite a few people taking a trip to DL this holiday season and doing things they've never done. We are doing this too. Things on our list include:

Fantasmic Premier Viewing (made reservations on Tueday!!)
    Turtle Talk with Crush
    Toystory Zoetrope (didn't even have a clue about this - saw it in another topic)
    Hillbillies Show
    Candle light Processional
    Nemo
    Storytellers Cafe
    Jazz Kitchen

What is on your lists?

2. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By Sara Tonin

There's lots of things I've never done at Dland, but the thing I've always wanted to do was the canoes...can you believe that?

3. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By TXDISNEYNERD

I missed that thread. What is Toystory Zoetrope?

4. See Post

See Post New Member

Sara-I have only been on the canoes a couple of times, and I don't know why because they are FUN!! One time we raced another boat.

TX - The thread about the Toystory Zoetrope is here => <a href="http://mb.laughingplace.com/MsgBoard-T-91380-P-1.asp" target="_blank">http://mb.laughingplace.com/Ms
    gBoard-T-91380-P-1.asp</a>
    It sounds pretty cool

5. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By DyGDisney

The canoes are a ton of fun!

6. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By TXDISNEYNERD

Thanks for the link ABBY. That looks pretty cool. I hope it is still there when we go in March.

7. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By momofbuzzfan

ABBY...
    We've planned to do a bunch of your 1st's that will be 1st's for us too...including Nemo, the Zeotrope and The Hillbillies. We also want to do Aladdin, musical chairs with the Mad Hatter, the Junior Chef Baking Experience, and Innoventions (or whatever it is called). My kids want to see the walking robot. We also want to try a Dole Whip. Sounds like it will be yummy! We added a 4th day to our usual 3-day trip, so we'll have more time to check things out.

8. See Post

See Post New Member

momofbuzzfan - I think an extra day sounds great! We are only going for 3 and were thinking about going to Knotts one day. Is the walking robot at Innonventions? We might have to check that out too. You will love Aladdin!

9. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By DJ7K

I've only been there a couple times recently so in December the only thing I can think of would be Nemo. My Step Dad however I don't think has ever seen Fanstasmic!. Infact he hasn't been there in ages so theres probably a ton of stuff that will be new to him - and sadly a lot of stuff thats gone now that he probably never got to see.

You could say, going in December for the first time in ages, like since I was little, but that's all I think :/

10. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By joeysmommy

We will be doing:

The Holiday Tour on Sat Nov 17
    --I figured that was the best day for a tour since the park will be crowded.

Nestle cookie baking at Plaza Pavillion

Jedi Training
    --Rented Star Wars last night to get the kids all "forced" up.

Aladdin (both shows)

Can't wait! We leave in 13 days!!

momofbuzzfan-Hey girl!
    I'm so sad we'll miss each other on our Nov trips. Good job on adding the 4th day!! Are you adding on the Sunday or the Friday?

11. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By dzy76

Going in Dec and there is plenty of holiday stuff we haven't seen. My son and Dad have never been during the x-mas season so it will all be new to them. None of us have seen it snow in Disneyland so we're excited about that. I can't wait to ride Nemo as I've been gone from my happy place for 1 1/2 years. It's been 6 years for my Dad so a lot of stuff will be new to him.

And believe it or not, I've never eaten at the Carnation Cafe, but we are having lunch there in Dec.!

Other than that I think I've done everything in DL. There are many things I haven't done and places I haven't eaten at in DCA. But I'm working on them.

12. See Post

See Post New Member

Joeysmommy-I thought about the holiday tour on Saturday as well, but didn't know if I wanted to take up a lot of time since DH really wants to go to Knotts. That will only leave us Thurs and Sat at DL. Hmmmm decisions, decisions.

DJ7K - how exciting that your step dad will be seeing Fantasmic for the first time! Have fun!

Dzy76 - We ate at Carnation Cafe for the first time (that I can remember) this past May. It is WONDERFUL and I still can't believe it took me so long to discover it. We got to meet Oscar (we didn't know it at the time but he is chef who has been there since almost the beginning of DL)

13. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By momofbuzzfan

Hey joeysmommy. It would have been fun to meet up in the park. We added Monday to our usual Tuesday-Thursday. We decided against Friday, even though it would have meant seeing Fantasmic, because Monday should be less crowded.

14. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By x Pirate_Princess x

I have never done the canoes...I don't go to Disneyland to work out ;) DD asked to go on them, though.

Up until last July 17, I had never seen Billy Hill, eaten a Monte Cristo, or seen the Disney Gallery. July 17 was also my first Dole Whip.

On August 19 was my first trip to TSI's Pirate's Lair.

There is not much I haven't done. I've not done any of the guided tours or Club 33, but everything else (save for the canoes) has been done at least once (yes, even the Tea Cups, back when I was in 9th grade on our class trip).

Hmm...come to think of it, the only attractions I've done in Toontown are Mickey & Minnie's houses, Roger Rabbit and Gadget...everything else has been too "kiddy" for me, and I'm not a fan of taking the kids back there..too crowded for the little one.

But yes, everything else I've done :)

15. See Post

See Post New Member

Hi, Abby - no kidding. And thanks!

>> I have never done the canoes...I don't go to Disneyland to work out ;) DD asked to go on them, though <<

I think I was your DD's age last I went on those - or volunteered to make them move, one of the two. I got tired of it so gave up and let the adults do the rest of the work :)

Ya know, I finally got a glimpse of the new Pirate's Liar, I mean Lair from the other side of Rivers of America, but wasn't up for going over there just yet. How is it? I think I recall seeing a pirate's flag or something.

16. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By x Pirate_Princess x

Pirate's Lair is pretty cool, IMO. Of course, I have no basis for comparison as I'd never been to the island before.

My girly girls love it..and I loved seeing Jack ;)

17. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By joeysmommy

hmmm...Carnation Cafe! I think we need to eat a late breakfast there this time.
    I wanted to eat there on our last two trips but nobody else wanted to. I want to get a picture with Oscar if he's there.

Last trip I told my kids they HAD to do the silhouettes no matter what. We finally did it and I love them! Just an FYI, if you're staying at the DLR hotels you can't have it sent back to your room..breakable.: (

Pirate's lair is great, my sons loved playing around with the new additions.

Thanks Pirate Princess, I forgot about the canoes! I also do not go to DL for a workout..all that walking around is plenty for me ;)

ABBY- I figured Saturday is the best time since the lines will be long for HM and IASW. You get to cut to the front on those 2 with the tour. I'm not sure how my 4 yr old and 6 yr old will handle the tour, I'll just bribe them with a Tigger Tail.

My Mom and Aunt have not been to DL in 10 years so DCA will be all new to them.
    The last time my Mom and I went I was dating my DH and she said, "the next time we come here will probably be with your kids." : )
    And it is..

18. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By dzy76

Abby that makes me excited to go there.

Pirate Princess I had totally forgotten about the Pirates Lair on the island!

There is so much for us to do we haven't been since summer 06' so a lot is waiting for us, let alone all the holiday happenings. Oh - I only have 5 days - how am I gonna fit it all in?

19. See Post

See Post New Member

Oh yeah, Pirates Lair - that will be new for us too!

joeysmommy, do you make a reservation for the tour ? I think I'm going to have to look into that.

20. See Post

See Post New Member

>> I'd never been to the island before <<

Really? That's ok, it's took me years to finally brave riding the Matterhorn :) Infact, when I was in Kinder Care, whenever my friend would ask me if I've been on Space Mountain yet, I always pictured that big white mountain - THE MATTERHORN!!! I never knew what he was really talking about. When I was that young, there was no way you could get me to ride that thing. Then I when I first rode as a teenager, I saw kids that same age when I wouldn't go on it, in line for it.

Never been on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride til years back in my late teens - around the same time I first rode the Matterhorn.

Well I read on Answers.com it was possible or a rumor Disneyland planned to or was considering changing it to "Pirate Island". So right now I guess they just have the lair. Do they still have Tom & Huck running around? I remember DLDough mentioned that a year ago, but I never got to experience yet.