Un-Rain-Ready

Discussion in 'Hong Kong Disneyland and Shanghai Disneyland' started by See Post, May 6, 2012.

Random Thread
  1. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By friarthe

We recently went to HKDL on a rainy day... and there was close to nothing to do. Yes, all the shows were running, and Buzz/Pooh/Space Mountain, but just about everything else was shut down. No Jungle Cruise. No Dumbo. No Rocket Jets. Nothing in Toy Story Land. No TRAIN.

I was pretty mystified, and I felt bad for the tour groups who were clearly there for one day only.

We went one day last year when it was pouring rain and managed to slosh through Dumbo. Not sure what was wrong this week, but golly was it ever wrong. How could a park in the tropics not be weather-ready?

2. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By SuperDry

Yea, it would be really bad if half the stuff was closed at park that's not a full day to start with.

3. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By Witches of Morva

ORDDU: I'm surprised that the train which goes all around the park would be closed due to rain. Perhaps there was a different reason for it being closed. After all, it's got a roof for protection against rain.

ORWEN: Off the top of my head, I can think of 7 attractions that are indoors. Space Mountain, Winnie the Pooh, Mickey's Philharmagic, The Golden Mickey's, Small World, Festival of the Lion King and Buzz Lightyear.

ORRDU: And Mystic Manor will be an indoor attraction, too, once it opens. So that makes 8. The train should make it a total of 9. Otherwise this park is going to be a terrible day to visit during the rainy season.

4. See Post

See Post New Member

I dunno, Witches. The sign at the Main St Station said it was because of rain, which made no sense to me. (Jungle Cruise cited lightning as the problem.)

Golden Mickeys was closed as well, though they didn't say why. I'm not much of a show person, so that & Lion King didn't occur to me.

We did hit Space Mountain (best thing at the park, until the 2 new lands open up), and (no-rain-related I'm sure) Buzz actually shut down with us on it... which was, actually, awesome, since we were stalled in the final Zurg room, so we maxed out the points before they shut the system down.

It may have just been a perfect storm of ride closings, if you'll forgive the pun. Bad timing, though -- I decided not to renew my pass til they say when Grizzly Gulch will open.

5. See Post

See Post New Member

ORDDU: By the way, my sisters and I just read someone's trip report over on MiceChat--where they recently went to HKDL--and we saw pictures that revealed how the 5th anniversary bling has finally been taken down from Sleeping Beauty's Castle. We thought they would NEVER take that awful mess down! But they have at long last!!

6. See Post

See Post New Member

Yeah, I was in shock too. They're still pumping 5th-Year-Anniversary promos on TV here, though!

7. See Post

See Post New Member

ORDDU: That's rather odd, too, isn't it?

ORGOCH: Well, heck! Folks say we's odd, too!

ORWEN: We really appreciate all the news you bring us from HKDL, friarthe, duckling. It'll be so interesting to read your reactions to the openings of Grizzly Gulch and Mystic Manor--or anything else that goes on over there.

8. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By Dr Hans Reinhardt

Yeah, I'd love to hear about the Grizzly Gulch and Mystic Manor too.

9. See Post

See Post New Member

As soon as they open, Hans Witches et al, I'll be there!