Whats taking so long?

Discussion in 'Hong Kong Disneyland and Shanghai Disneyland' started by See Post, Apr 23, 2010.

Random Thread
  1. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By Hista98

so I noticed that Toy Story Land is scheduled to open in 2012. Why is it going to take so long to open up a very simple and small land; over 3 years. does that seem wierd to anyone else? its roughly the size of a bugs land and that opened in under a year. plus its already under construction so whats taking so long?

2. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By FerretAfros

I would want to say that it will be really high quality and difficult to construct (like Carsland, which will also open in 2012 and has been under construction since last fall), but having seen the concept art, I'm not sure that's the case here. I believe the Paris version is almost ready to open, and they have pretty much identical attractions. The theming between them might be different, but I really can't think of anything they would do there that would take so long.

3. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By Malin

Looking at some construction pictures someone has recently taken at the park, it seems that they are still on the land clearing part of the project.

I had heard in one of the Asia News Reports that because of Disney's Shanghai Annoucement, Hong Kong Management were more keen than ever to speed up construction on the expansion to have an edge over this new Resort. Its hoped that Toy Story Land will be opened in 2011 as part of its 5th Anniversary Celebrations. The construction process for TSL is a very quick one as can be seen with how quickly its been built over in Paris, although I do believe this land will be slightly bigger than the Paris version and include not only the three rides, but also a shop and Restaurant which Paris will not be getting but should needs.