Fastpass be gone for good!!!

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News, Rumors and General Disc' started by See Post, Feb 13, 2006.

Random Thread
  1. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By demderedoseguys

This thread is getting as long as a wait in the stand-by line at Splash Mountain in the middle of July. Disney should really do something about those long lines. Maybe institute some way where people could go on the internet and book the specific time that they want to go on a ride. This would eliminate both the FP and stand-by lines.

2. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By sjhym4

Interesting things about todays visit to Disney. Family behind me at Everest. First time visit I overheard her say then she said "The FP is good anytime AFTER the time stamped on the ticket"

Went to Soarin today and ran into a friend in mgmt at The Land. We were just catching up when I commented on the 80 min wait at 4pm and asked if the line would be that long the rest of the evening. He said it might drop some but it will be long all night. I then asked what he thought would happen if there was no FP at Soarin. He said...I think we would average 45-50 mins without FP. Which made me think. My return time with a FP was around 4 hours from when I got it and the poor people in standby were at 80 mins. Wouldn't everyone win without it?

3. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By vbdad55

We'd all survive without it like we used to yes, but all win ? No. If I have a fastpass and come back after doing other things in EPCOT and only have to wait 10 - 15 minutes instead of the 45 -50 projected....especially if you are waiting with kids.... I don't see how I'd win with the 50 over 15.

And I agree with Dan, FP is not a graduate level course...in fact for most people it will take a lot less skill than planning a WDW vacation, and they will master it fairly quickly.

4. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By DVC_dad

Okay guys check out my Trip Report if you have time...anyway, I had something really funny happen last week at WDW.

The Test Track line was totally empty in Standby and the Fastpass line was like 40 deep.

I have photos of it I found it so odd. In fact I pocketed my FP's, grabbed the kids, and hoped into the standby line, rode, came back around and even more fools with FP's were STILL in the FP return line, whilst standby was still empty!!! We rode again in standby, getting on in front of many FP'ers!!! I swear I don't know HOW this or WHY this happened.

The lines were very short from say 8 to 10 Am and then short again after say 6 Pm at all parks, except Animal Kingdom.

I was very happy for FP once we got to Animal, specifically Everest!

5. See Post

See Post New Member

Today at Everest FP's were gone by 11 and the standby line at 10:30 was at 90 mins. For some reason there were signs that said Everest was closing at 4 today. The AK was open till 6

6. See Post

See Post New Member

Everest is still in test mode, and I would venture to guess they turned off the FP machines for some reason other than demand.

Just last week I walked on an hour after the park opened and only stood in standby for 20 mins.

The ride isn't officially open yet, and there is a lotta behind the scenes stuff going on.

I noticed that the ride isn't even listed on the Park Maps, nor the time sheets yet.

7. See Post

See Post New Member

But then again, maybe I was lucky. I do recall seeing the wait up to 90 minutes around 2 PM that same day.

8. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By Labuda

DVC dad - meet SJHYM - former Imagineer. :) And, as far as I can gather, he's still got some great contacts who work for his former employer. :)

9. See Post

See Post New Member

Oh.
    Well SJHYM, you would certainly know far more about it than I would. Nice to meet you! Do you know what is going on at the Living Seas?

10. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By danyoung

>My return time with a FP was around 4 hours from when I got it and the poor people in standby were at 80 mins. Wouldn't everyone win without it?<

vbdad said it above - I don't think 50 minutes is that much better than 80. In other words, I wouldn't want to wait in either. I'm very happy with getting my FP and coming back later. I don't look at the intervening 4 hours as any kind of a wait. I'm out doing other things, enjoying the park, especially at Epcot. It's absolutely no hardship to come around later and ride.

11. See Post

See Post New Member

Yeah, the only time a long FP wait has ever bugged me was at the Studios.

12. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By RoadTrip

<<I didn't think I was imagining this problem. Now try explaining it to people in Texas and Minnesota. They don't get it.>>

Apparently some Orlando residents who are world travelers don't read threads very carefully. From my post #304:

<<That is an excellent point that I had not thought of. The person is indeed effectively standing in two lines at once, and will tend to increase overall wait times at the park. I can admit when I am wrong, and this time I was.>>

:)

13. See Post

See Post New Member

Welcome back, Trippy! :)

14. See Post

See Post New Member

Welcome to the dark side RoadTrip

15. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By TDLFAN

>>Have you missed me TDLFAN?<<

God knows I have. Nice to see an intelligent poster be back here for good as opposed to some of the newbies around here....too much pixie glitter in their eyes and not enough educated substance. but you know the type I am talking about SJHYM...

16. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By TDLFAN

..and for the record... I was not talking about Pixie Glitter, the LP poster here..

17. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By Mouskateer

<<<God knows I have. Nice to see an intelligent poster be back here for good as opposed to some of the newbies around here....too much pixie glitter in their eyes and not enough educated substance. but you know the type I am talking about SJHYM>>>

Obviously you NOT talking about yourself when you say the word intelligent.. Why you don't you grab FP and and go far far away...Making a statement like that really shows how ignorant you are..

18. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By ADMIN

<font color="#FF0000">Message removed by an administrator. <a href="MsgBoard-Rules.asp" target="_blank">Click here</a> for the LaughingPlace.com Community Standards.</font>

19. See Post

See Post New Member

ROFL! Ouch. ;)

20. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By Perdie

Just an observation I have made about FP-(I am a BIG fan and use it everytime I go to DL)....
    I was at DLR in december-before XMas-around the 15th-it was pretty crowded and I was there from Wed-Monday. ON Friday, FP for Space Mtn was not working for the entire day (except for the first 45 minutes when i was lucky enough to grab one (and i jumped on the ride when there was no wait so I was able to ride it twice). Anyway, the wait times all day were at 90 -120 minutes, only dropping to 45 at the end of the night (when it was really only 20..I waited in it to get my third rife after using my FP). ON ALL the other days on this busy weekend, the ride NEVER went over 60 minutes-except for Saturday it hit 90...i wasn't standing at SM every minutes, but we passed by the line a lot and checked everytime-just out of curiosity about the wait times. So while I see the argument that the wait times MIGHT be longer because of FP, I didn't notice they were, but that's an opinion. I still think FP is better because you have a CHOICE, and like one poster said (dan?) it doesn't take a PHD to figure out how to use it to your advantage and ride all the rides with barely any wait.

One other thing, I noticed many people stated that certain rides had FP and then they stopped using it so disney must have realized "it wasn't working" my opinion on this is that rides like Pirates and HM don't need it because there is hardly ever a wait!!