Galaxy Edge - Progress

Discussion in 'Disneyland News, Rumors and General Discussion' started by ni_teach, Mar 8, 2018.

Random Thread
  1. PNWTigger

PNWTigger Well-Known Member

Yes. I do consider the elevator/foyer to be a pre-show because when you exit the room you queue again. I agree that it is generally an integral part of the attraction, but it's still a conveyance to get to the next part of the line.

I have to admit that I am excited to see how all of this pans out. I wouldn't mind with a 20 minute attraction at all.

2. FerretAfros

FerretAfros Well-Known Member

GMR was about 22 minutes; COP is around that same ballpark. Universe of Energy was 45, but I think that included the initial preshow; I think the seated time was around 36-37 minutes

Given the trends we've seen for years, Disney is removing longer attractions and replacing them with shorter ones. I've heard the actual ride time for the new attraction is around 8 minutes, which is long by contemporary standards, but just a fraction of the length of Disney's grandest attractions. While the preshow elements certainly should add to the experience, I struggle to consider them in the total time on the attraction.

I just hope the preshow is better than Flight of Passage, which is truly awful. It takes a neat attraction and makes it borderline intolerable. The script is verbose and confusing, the actor is awful, the multi-room procedure is tedious, and it really detracts from repeatability. The concept for the Star Wars preshow sounds neat, but it also has the potential to be terrible if executed poorly

PNWTigger likes this.
  3. ni_teach

ni_teach Active Member

Here is another update on the progress of the area. It is looking good I think.