Inappropriate, Thread 2!

Discussion in 'Play Pen' started by See Post, Oct 14, 2005.

Random Thread
  1. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By debtee

<So, in Australia, like, really? All guys wear Speedos? That is strange to me.>

Yep! The teenage boys AND girls seem to be wearing boardshorts but Men usually wear speedos!!

It Should be the other way around shouldn't it as middle age men in speedos is not a pretty sight! lol

The women just go topless!

2. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By debtee

Ps I'm joking...Not ALL women go topless but lots do!

3. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By GrumpysWife

>>ROLF!

Absolutely!

That IS the sound of blowing chunkz, ya?<<

HAHAHA - perfect!

4. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By TALL Disney Guy

<<<Is Rolf that dog in the Muppets?>>

I think so. I don't remember him being a wiener dog though...>

Close, guys---it's "Rowlf" (but sounds like "Rolf")

5. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By jdub

The piano-playing dog's name IS spelled Rolf.

6. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By Jim in Merced CA

<Ps I'm joking...Not ALL women go topless but lots do!>

In my experience, it's always the one's who you wish kept their tops on....who like to go topless.

And vice versa.

7. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By TALL Disney Guy

Don't be led astray, people! Rowlf the dog of the Muppets is *Rowlf*.

All you have to do is look in any Muppet book, web site, or my Rowlf Muppet puppet's tag.

8. See Post

See Post New Member

If we stop making jokes (Zeus forbid), will this topic be moved back to community where it belongs?

9. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By Liberty Belle

>>So, in Australia, like, really? All guys wear Speedos?

Yep! The teenage boys AND girls seem to be wearing boardshorts but Men usually wear speedos!!<<

I've had kind of a different experience with that one Deb ... here most guys wear boardies. Maybe it's the difference in states? I have to agree on the topless thing though *shudders*

As for Speedos in public - show some consideration, men! No one wants to see that much of you. I wouldn't even want my guy wearing Speedos on the beach, but to shops and restaurants is much worse...

10. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By Inspector 57

Ugh! This thead (and its sister) makes me crazy. I HATE not being able to make a summary statement of my position on the issue.

Foremost, I agree with daannnzzz. We're animals; we have natural biological features and needs. It's silly to try to pretend that they don't exist, and it's ridiculous to set up social mores designed to deny them.

Women have breasts. Nursing women feed their babies. Men have penises. Why should we impose elaborate regulations designed to allow us to continue some unhealthy pretense that these biological facts are not true?!

Personally, I don't mind at all seeing "discrete" breastfeeding in public places. Heck, I wouldn't be bothered by seeing "full exposure" breastfeeding. I don't mind "sagging," the fashion style in which the guy's underwear shows. Sure, it's a silly, faddish style -- but so were bell-bottoms, short shorts, and midi-skirts. No harm done. I wasn't upset to learn at the last minute that a beach I'd been taken to was a nude beach. (And, unlike other posters, I didn't lament that it wasn't only "beautiful" people who were naked. Good for the non-models for being comfortable with their bodies.) Speedos? Sometimes you want a clean tan line. And I personally don't want the wet fabric of "boardies" clinging to my legs. So a man wears a bathing suit that isn't artificially engineered to give a false presentation that there's nothing down there? Big deal.

Get over it, people. These are our bodies. There's nothing wrong with them. We shouldn't have to pretend that our bodies are different than they are.

But...

When I've been downtown at Starbucks and a guy walks in wearing "look what a clean job my rabbi did" spandex shorts, I've thought, "Well, good for you for riding your bike downtown instead of driving. But... c'mon. When you get off the bike, you could slip on a cheap pair of gym shorts." When a woman whips out a breast and feeds uncovered at a restaurant with a seeming, "I'm SO comfortable with this" attitude, I suspect that her attitude is really "Take THIS, you prudes!"

Form should follow function. We shouldn't have to go to lengths to deny our biological realities.

But people should be respectful of each other. Enough with the unnecessary "in-your-face" displays.

I don't know where to draw the lines.

11. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By scottie

I would wear a speedo only:

1. If I had the body
    2. If Scottie Jr didn't have a mind of it's own.

You don't have to worry about ever catching me in one.

But I'll be the first one to admit, I'd love to have the look and confidence to feel good in one and not feel like Gaylord Focker in Meet the Parents (The pool scene). That was hilarious.

12. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By Liberty Belle

>>When a woman whips out a breast and feeds uncovered at a restaurant with a seeming, "I'm SO comfortable with this" attitude, I suspect that her attitude is really "Take THIS, you prudes!"<<

Agreed. There was a woman on a talk show (with a panel of about 5 people) who whipped hers out in the middle of the show to feed her baby. Then, when the inevitable public outcry came, her response was "I can't believe this is such a big issue, it was just so natural for me". Well, no, I don't believe that for a minute. You don't just pull it out on national TV because your child wants food, you wait until a break, or you do what hundreds of working mothers do and express milk. It's that kind of "I'm a mother, it's my right and if you don't like it, you're a prude" display that turns me off. (I don't think I'm a prude, I know breastfeeding is natural and I don't think women should be sentenced to stay home until their child is weened - but there's a time and a place for everything).

13. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By RoadTrip

<<2. If Scottie Jr didn't have a mind of it's own.>>

That's what I've always wondered. How do they keep them IN there? You wouldn't even need to be full on excited. Just a glimpse of a nursing woman and 'ol John Henry would be peeking over the top.

;-)

14. See Post

See Post New Member

>>Don't be led astray, people! Rowlf the dog of the Muppets is *Rowlf*. All you have to do is look in any Muppet book, web site, or my Rowlf Muppet puppet's tag.<<<

The book "Jim Henson: The Works" SAYS:

Rowlf.

TDG: Correct, as Always...

15. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By Ursula

<---has been to a topless beach.

I was 17. I looked GOOD!

Now, not so much.

16. See Post

See Post New Member

<<Now, not so much.>>

That is where women need to get over it. To a middle aged guy, middle aged boobs look great!!

They may not be as perky as they once were, but they are FAR more comfortable.

:)

17. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By Ursula

Oh, RT! I'm not talking about the knockers part. I adore mine and we're still on speaking terms.

It's what happened to my tummy that scares me. And I can't even say that childbirth did it because that has yet to occur to me.

18. See Post

See Post New Member

<<It's what happened to my tummy that scares me. And I can't even say that childbirth did it because that has yet to occur to me.>>

I can't help you there. I happen to think tummies are VERY sexy, but I know I'm probably in the minority on that one. Every night I go to sleep with my hand on my wife’s tummy. It is not as overtly sexual as a hand on other places, but still very comforting and enjoyable.

19. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By scottie

<<Just a glimpse of a nursing woman and 'ol John Henry would be peeking over the top.>>

RoadTrip-
    It doesn't necesarily have to peek out at the top. Those speedos stretch to accommodate...

I saw it happen once at a body building exhibition and the guy continued on with his routine. Try to tell yourself to relax in that situation!

I'm cracking up just thinking about it. ;)

20. See Post

See Post New Member

<<RoadTrip-
    It doesn't necesarily have to peek out at the top. Those speedos stretch to accommodate...>>

I really can't imagine it, but I'll take your word for it!!

(Course them Speedo's ain't met RoadTrip yet...!)