Latest Disneyland Commercial -- Really?

Discussion in 'Disney Television' started by See Post, Jan 13, 2012.

Random Thread
  1. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By RoadTrip

Who cares? It's a ride in a Theme Park. When did they become such serious stuff?

2. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By Goofyernmost

It really isn't serious Road Trip, it's just that I don't understand how someone can claim to like humor and not see the humor in this. It's a case of taking Disney way too seriously and not allowing them to appeal to baser instincts of humor.

I will, however, concede that I don't think that it is a very effective commercial for anyone that has never ridden the Jungle Cruise, but to a repeat guest, I think it's well done and funny.

Remember it was all started by a mouse...a cartoon character that was allowed to have a "life force".

3. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By RoadTrip

I know. The Disney Parks are just taken SO SERIOUSLY here though. Which I suppose is just natural for a Disney Fan Bulletin Board. God knows I enjoy them... I hate to even think of the money I've spent there over the past 20 years... it would be well into 6 figures. But in the end they are just a pleasant diversion. They could rip out the entire MK tomorrow and replace it with a duplicate of DCA 1.0 and my life would not be noticeably altered.

4. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By Goofyernmost

Of course I must remember that I am one that, in spite of being a Disney Fan, find a lot of humor in the way that the Shrek movies poke fun at Disney. I love it, but I know there are some that don't think that Disney Co. should have a sense of humor about itself and its behavior.

5. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By mawnck

I'm 100% in favor of doing funny commercials about the Jungle Cruise animals coming to life. Be sure and let me know if they ever do one.

Regardless of the concept, or the subject, it is a dumb commercial.

Bad script.

No laughs.

No urge to go to Disneyland after having seen it.

Ad agency fail.

That's my only point here. The Jungle Cruise itself is not worth getting one's panties in a bunch over. Poke fun all you'd like. The skippers do.