Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters Coming to Cars Land

Discussion in 'Disneyland News, Rumors and General Discussion' started by See Post, Jul 28, 2015.

Random Thread
  1. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By monorailblue

On the other hand, I'm a big proponent of A-, B-, and C-ticket rides fleshing out the park . . . so in that sense, I'm glad it's happening. And it may turn out to be charming. That video isn't much to go on.

2. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By FerretAfros

It pretty much still looks like a land-based version of TDS's Aquatopia...except it moves slower. Given that it strips away nearly all of that ride's interesting features (fountains, speed, obstacles), I just can't imagine that this will be especially fun

That said, it does look neat to see how all the vehicles move in a single synchronized manner; hopefully that doesn't lead to operational problems if one goes out of commission. It's also interesting that they seem to do a lot of movements that real cars can't do (sideways and diagonal slides), despite the physics of cars being an integral part of the Cars universe

I'm also a big fan of fleshing out a park with a variety of smaller attractions, and recognize that they have been really missing with a lot of WDI's menu planning in the lase couple decades. However, the amount that they've spent on this attraction and its replacement is absurd for how inconsequential the experience will ultimately be

3. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By RoadTrip

My God the excitement! Be still my beating heart. Makes Autopia look positively thrilling.

4. See Post

See Post New Member

<<the amount that they've spent on this attraction and its replacement is absurd for how inconsequential the experience will ultimately be>>

That does seem to be true.

5. See Post

See Post New Member

<a target="blank" rel="nofollow" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clW71QOFOmQ">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...71QOFOmQ</a>

Another video clip.

6. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By trekkeruss

So it's almost the same experience as Mater Junkyard Jamboree, minus the fun little whipping action. Zzzzz. Darn, I really wish they could have figured out a way to make the Flying Tires work ... I'm still enamored with that concept because I loved the Flying Saucers.

7. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By dagobert

This looks like DLP's Cars Race Rally. Which is a lot of fun by the way. The cars spin really fast if both adults sit in the back row.

<a target="blank" rel="nofollow" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzhFxOBnnzc">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...FxOBnnzc</a>

8. See Post

See Post New Member

The DLP ride looks more like Mater's Junkyard Jamboree to my eyes. Maybe the Luigi's testing is slow now but will speed up later? I can only hope and pray.

9. See Post

See Post New Member

The DLP ride is the same as Francis's Lady Bug Boogie, with different vehicles.

Given the size of these vehicles and the movements they're making (they appear to have a high center of gravity for such a small wheel base), I wouldn't expect the speed to increase much. This is pretty much what I expected from the earliest descriptions, and it appears to be what were getting

10. See Post

See Post New Member

The DCA A- through C-tickets are almost uniformly worse than their Disneyland counterparts:

Flik's Flyers v. Dumbo & Astro Orbiter
    Heimlich's Chew Chew Train v. Casey Jr.
    Francis's Lady Bug Boogie v. Mad Tea Party, etc.

That said, they are highly important to flesh out the park. This one may be moderately insipid, but it should have a higher capacity than Flying Tires and, although a bit dry, at least will not cause frustration to those who can't get it to do what they think it should.

So that's an improvement, I think.

11. See Post

See Post New Member

Don't go hating on the Chew Chew. That attraction is a masterpiece!!

12. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By ni_teach

monorailblue said: "This one may be moderately insipid, but it should have a higher capacity than Flying Tires and, although a bit dry, at least will not cause frustration to those who can't get it to do what they think it should."

I'm not sure about the higher capacity. Looking at the cars, they only look to hold about 2 people which is what the flying tires did. That being said the loading and unloading should be quicker.

13. See Post

See Post New Member

For Luigi's they should have designed a continuously loading dark ride akin to those in Fantasyland.

14. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By ni_teach

I agree trekkeruss that it should have had a continuously loading system, but so far I haven't seen anything that shows that. We have seen on the videos that all the cars start and stop at the same time. That could be because of testing, so we don't know at this point.

15. See Post

See Post New Member

Well, assuming it is TDS' Aquatopia minus the water, it will indeed be continuously loading. My problem with Aquatopia is that I thought it was rather boring. The "hovercraft" don't move that fast, and It just feels too controlled.

16. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By CuriousConstance

"Don't go hating on the Chew Chew. That attraction is a masterpiece!!"

*snapping fingers in a z formation*

Hated it.

17. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By Kar2oonMan

I'm really, really hoping that there is some other element or effect that isn't shown on these short clips. Because if not, I don't get it.

18. See Post

See Post New Member

<<*snapping fingers in a z formation*

Hated it.>>

How can anyone hate big half-eaten fruit and candy? The watermelon is an absolute masterpiece! Besides, Heimlich TALKS to you the whole way through the ride. It is even better than the song in Small World!!

19. See Post

See Post New Member

>>Don't go hating on the Chew Chew. That attraction is a masterpiece!!<<

Masterpiece may be a bit much, but I think it's a fun B/C-ticket attraction. The biggest problems are that the trains are so long that only half of it hears any dialogue, and the ride is so short that it's over before it begins, but I think it's a fun concept.

>>Well, assuming it is TDS' Aquatopia minus the water, it will indeed be continuously loading.<<

I think this is where it will differ from Aquatopia. From what I've seen, the space is just too small to have a designated loading zone (which would need to be physically separated from the 'dance floor' with a barrier). They could either have vehicles load and then slip into the already-moving cars (like Aquatopia), or have one set that loads while the other does the ride portion, and then switch places when they're done

Presumably, if this ride were being built from scratch rather that grafted into the Flying Tires setup they would have plenty of space to do that, but the format they have uses the space pretty poorly. Luckily, Aquatopia has shown that it doesn't need a particularly high capacity (since it never has a wait), so they should be okay with a cycle loading attraction

20. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By Kar2oonMan

a bug's land is home to a collection of some of the most wonderfully themed boring rides ever.