Slash and Burn ...

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News, Rumors and General Disc' started by See Post, Dec 14, 2008.

Random Thread
  1. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By vbdad55

DVC member Dalmatians

2. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By Spirit of 74

<<OMG NOOOO!!! Not the DVC Kiosks. They are my favorite. I better finish my fan tribute website quick.

www.dvckiosklover.com>>

I love high quality comedy.

The sad thing is I could see some people actually missing them.

3. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By vbdad55

nope-move those people over to the towel animals division

4. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By MPierce

Long Live Towel Animals!!!!!

5. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By CarolinaDisneyDad

Winky for president!

6. See Post

See Post New Member

^^Boy, this thread has really died ... I wish I could come up with something new to attack Rasulo, Staggs and Co on ... any new cutbacks? Anyone?

7. See Post

See Post New Member

Actually, Disney may soon start charging extra for towel animals ... and I did miss something or wasn't there some comotion a while back about Disney charging guests who decorate their rooms and windows a fee?

I heard about this right before they came out with the What will YOU celebrate? campaign when one of the 'features' was going to be Disney CMs doing the decorating for you FOR A FEE of course.

So ... anyone know about what the actual deal was/is?

8. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By bobbelee9

Are you serious? They shouldn't charge for the towel animals unless people take them home. Making towels animals and cakes does invite people to steal them. I figure that's why they don't have the Disney name on the towels anymore.

9. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By SuperDry

<<< Actually, Disney may soon start charging extra for towel animals ... and I did miss something or wasn't there some comotion a while back about Disney charging guests who decorate their rooms and windows a fee? >>>

Perhaps they can do what hotels that offer a "free" USA Today do: put in the fine print that "Your room rate includes $0.50/day for delivery of USA Today. Please contact the front desk to stop delivery." Then, I could get $0.50 off each night by declining the towel animal.

10. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By brerroadrunner

Just imaginie if litlle Winky had been declined that one precious night,(for a mere 50 cents), he would have never made it to his loving new home.

11. See Post

See Post New Member

>> Winky for president! <<

Winky asked me to personally thank you for your support. He feels it would be inappropriate at this time for him to comment on any future aspirations he might have to the Executive Office of the President. However, he did mention it's never to early to start thinking about 2012.

12. See Post

See Post New Member

>> ^^Boy, this thread has really died ... I wish I could come up with something new to attack Rasulo, Staggs and Co on ... any new cutbacks? Anyone? <<

I'm sure you will have plenty of opportunity in the days to come.

13. See Post

See Post New Member

>> Actually, Disney may soon start charging extra for towel animals ... and I did miss something or wasn't there some comotion a while back about Disney charging guests who decorate their rooms and windows a fee? <<

I read that somewhere also, but I don't believe it. Talk about negative PR. Even the greedy Mouse wouldn't try to pull that off.

14. See Post

See Post New Member

>> Just imaginie if litlle Winky had been declined that one precious night,(for a mere 50 cents), he would have never made it to his loving new home <<

Such a small price to pay for all the joy Winky has brought into my life.

15. See Post

See Post New Member

<<Winky asked me to personally thank you for your support. He feels it would be inappropriate at this time for him to comment on any future aspirations he might have to the Executive Office of the President. However, he did mention it's never to early to start thinking about 2012. >>

Boy, Winky really is an awful cocky piece of cotton.

I've heard that Sarah Palin wanted him on her ticket in '12, so she can better appeal to all the WDW moms!

16. See Post

See Post New Member

>> ^^Boy, this thread has really died ... I wish I could come up with something new to attack Rasulo, Staggs and Co on ... any new cutbacks? Anyone? <<

<<I'm sure you will have plenty of opportunity in the days to come.>>

Sadly, I think you're probably right.

>> Actually, Disney may soon start charging extra for towel animals ... and I did miss something or wasn't there some comotion a while back about Disney charging guests who decorate their rooms and windows a fee? <<

<<I read that somewhere also, but I don't believe it. Talk about negative PR. Even the greedy Mouse wouldn't try to pull that off.>.

That's why I posed the question. I definitely recall Disney putting some fee (over $100 ... maybe $250?) they were going to charge people if they decorated their own rooms.

I'm curious as to whether this ever happened or died a quick death.

I mean, can you imagine a family of six in their rented family suite at ASMu who always decorate their windows and place characters and toys on the AC unit finding a $250 charge on their folio at check-out?

This sounded very ballsey on Mickey's part, but at the same time the whole 'we'll decorate your room for YOUR celebration at WDW Resort' seemed like it came from a mid-level exec who walked around say Port Orleans or Pop Century and saw what people do on their own and thought 'how can we make money off of this?'

So again ... anyone know what the deal is as far as decorating rooms?

Any CMs? Recent guests? Disney gadflies?

Anyone?

17. See Post

See Post New Member

>> I mean, can you imagine a family of six in their rented family suite at ASMu who always decorate their windows and place characters and toys on the AC unit finding a $250 charge on their folio at check-out? <<

That could put the dampers on even some of the most fanatical Disney fans.

I don't mind the pay to have your room decorated deal. If folks want to go that route that'd fine with me. After all, the Mouse is a mercenary. I wouldlike to see how much they charge for it. I know to have a Christmas tree put up in your room is very pricey.

18. See Post

See Post New Member

>> Boy, Winky really is an awful cocky piece of cotton.

I've heard that Sarah Palin wanted him on her ticket in '12, so she can better appeal to all the WDW moms! <<

That's pretty cocky of her. Winky is nobodys Butt Boy!

19. See Post

See Post New Member

>> I mean, can you imagine a family of six in their rented family suite at ASMu who always decorate their windows and place characters and toys on the AC unit finding a $250 charge on their folio at check-out? <<

<<That could put the dampers on even some of the most fanatical Disney fans.

I don't mind the pay to have your room decorated deal. If folks want to go that route that'd fine with me. After all, the Mouse is a mercenary. I wouldlike to see how much they charge for it. I know to have a Christmas tree put up in your room is very pricey.>>

Yeah. I can understand paying someone for a service IF you choose. That's like me paying someone to wash my car. But here it seems like Disney is saying 'It doesn't matter whether you wash the car or we wash the car, but you're paying us if you want a clean car.'

20. See Post

See Post New Member

>> Boy, Winky really is an awful cocky piece of cotton.

I've heard that Sarah Palin wanted him on her ticket in '12, so she can better appeal to all the WDW moms! <<

<<That's pretty cocky of her. Winky is nobodys Butt Boy!>>

Well ... that means he wouldn't last at TDO or WDI for long. ;-)

(let's see if this post lasts ...)