The Hijackable Thread

Discussion in 'Play Pen' started by See Post, Apr 15, 2006.

Random Thread
  1. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By avromark

2oony's Top 10, Top 10 list would just be scary.

2. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By sherrytodd

Hijacked Dalmatians!

3. See Post

See Post New Member

Darn It!!!

4. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By DyGDisney

<<3. "I wonder if my elbows are attractive?">>

Actually, I think this all the time!

5. See Post

See Post New Member

We got most of our new furniture today!

6. See Post

See Post New Member

106 Dalmatians!

(They counted wrong on the extra's casting call)

or

I forgot about Dalmatians lol.

7. See Post

See Post New Member

DyGDisney - Cool. What kind of furniture did you get?

8. See Post

See Post New Member

sherrytodd -- we got a new entertainment center (about time, our old one was a honey oak from 1994), and a new sofa. In about two weeks we are getting a storage ottoman that will double as a coffee table to go in front of our couch.

9. See Post

See Post New Member

My entertainment unit is Cherry, don't diss wood, course my Tele is only a 60"er and it's not a plasma heh.

(Amazing how a 60"er now costs lesss then a 27" did only a few years ago huh?)

My Sofa's are less then a year old (living room light green, upstairs L-shape beige)

<a href="http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=4369142&a=32093645&p=73776798" target="_blank">http://albums.photo.epson.com/
    j/ViewPhoto?u=4369142&a=32093645&p=73776798</a>

I plan on buying a dining room table, buffet, and buffet hutch soon, but in a small combo living room, dining room area

<a href="http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=4369142&a=32093645&p=73777067" target="_blank">http://albums.photo.epson.com/
    j/ViewPhoto?u=4369142&a=32093645&p=73777067</a>

I am willing to repaint since my nailpops were just completed.

Someday i'll take pics of my place when it's completed and need, right now it's a bit crammed and haphazard (I need more storage units)

10. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By Kar2oonMan

The secret to not going mad working in a cubicle every day is to appreciate the little things.

Like the little fluffs of dust, hair and tortilla chip frangments that slowly accumulate in your keyboard. That stuff really builds up. You should carefully scoop out as much of this as you can, and save it in small ziplock bags. Then, at your retirement part 30 or 40 years from now, you open up a file cabinet and you bring dozens and dozens of these little packages of matter to the munchroom, where people have generously decided to throw your retirement party between 12:15 and 1:00 PM because, after all, it's month end and a Friday at that, so heaven forbid they should, you know, spring for a dinner out someplace to show their appreciation. No, that would just mean they couldn't leave early for a weekend of boozing and waterskiing. And what is in store for you, retiree? Salisbury steak. Lots and lots of it. So you take the little packets and you display them around the lunchroom table, where everyone is sitting around talking shop, griping about this or that and telling you how lucky you are that you'll soon be free of this prison. Then they'll say, hey, what the heck are in those baggies there? And you tell them dust and hair and tortilla chips. 40 years worth. Then, they'll be a little scared and kinda grossed out, so you go and gather up all the remaaining pieces of the giant sub sandwich everyone chipped in for, and of course, the grocery store cake someone remembered at about 11:30 -- the blank sheetcake. Well, it beats Salisbury steak anyway, so at least for a week you'll be livin' large, with the sandwich and the cake you got. And they won't soon forget you, either! Sure, your name will fade from their memory within two weeks, but you'll be the stuff of legend! "Remember when that one person had those gross little baggies filled with dust, hair and tortilla chips?" they'll ask.

They don't remember anything about the ones that go quietly. The ones that smile and read the card that has a whole bunch of clowns on it, and sometimes people write their name or someone ellse's name next to the clowns that somewhat resemble the office flirt, or the office jokester, or the boss, the ones that read the card and eat the sub sandwich and the blank sheet cake and don't do anything unusual. But make an impression like packets filled with decades of dust and hair and tortilla chips and that's what I call retiring with style, baby!

And that's how you keep from going insane in a cubicle all those years, having something like that to look forward to.

11. See Post

See Post New Member

OMG. I am laughing so hard right now I'm crying.

12. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By Kar2oonMan

Memo from the folks at the Greeting Card Institute of America:

Dear Consumer,

Through the years we in the greeting card industry take pride in creating lines of greeting cards, gifts and trinkets that say what you'd like to say, if you had an ounce of compassion or could invest perhaps 12 seconds of your precious time saying something meaningful or funny. So, we do that for you, and usually at less that $3 a throw, too. Darned reasonable, what with the high cost of card stock and what-not.

So, here's the deal: We have noticed that people feel compelled from time to time to "enhance" our cards when giving them to a friend, loved one or co-worker. Please refrain from doing this.

Sure, our popular "HAPPY BIRTHDAY FROM THE WHOLE DARN ZOO" card featuring whimsical animals in an office setting naturally brings to mind co-workers in your company. That is what it was designed to do. So drawing glasses on the gorilla and writing "Larry" and an arrow pointing at the gorilla is really just gilding the lily. It's tasteless and low-brow.

We believe in the power of understated comedy. And embossing. And glitter. And sometimes, little bunnies covered in a life-like felt texture. This is our specialty. This is our art. You wouldn't stroll into a museum and draw glasses on the Mona Lisa. You'd get shot for such a thing.

Please think about that the next time you feel the urge to label one of the bumblebees on our colorful "WHAT'S BUZZIN', COUSIN?" group birthday card designed for large family get-togethers. We know what we're doing.

Regards,

David "Chip" Gersholmb
    President
    GCIA

13. See Post

See Post New Member

avromark -- I wasn't dissin' wood. Our new one is wood also. It's just bigger, and a darker, more up to date look.
    Our TV is only 27 inches, so we didn't have a huge plasma or anything like that. I like a small TV actually. When this one dies, maybe we'll get a 35 inch. But no bigger for me.

14. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By RoadTrip

About Schmidt.

That is how I would retire. I would sit in my office watching the clock until 4:30 and then I would go home.

My wife wouldn't die though. We have an agreement. I die first. She could get along without me much better than I could get along without her. So I die first.

Since I am RoadTrip, we would go across the country in our RV. I love traveling by auto and my wife and I would have no problem staying amused. We make each other laugh all the time. She says that is why she married me... that I made her laugh like no one had ever done before.

I still make her laugh. Even after being married for 27 years.

We would drive across country for our little girl's wedding. I envision it as being a whole lot better than the "About Schmidt" wedding, but I don’t really care.

She is my little girl. I would drive anywhere no matter who she was marrying and what the ceremony was like. If she got married in Vegas at 3 AM by a phony Elvis my wife and I would be there too. She's my little girl and I love her.

If we stopped on the way it probably wouldn't be at Kathy Bate's house, but if we did I would certainly get nakey in the hot tub with her. Of course my wife would be there too. I don't know if she would get nakey or not. She is somewhat conservative in that area.

But Katy Bates nakey?? No way would I pass on that.

So that is my retirement. I see it as being much better than Schmidt’s was. But even if I ended up being just like About Schmidt, I could deal with that too.

I would write my letters to Ngudu and I would be happy,

15. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By MissCandice

These pretzels are making me thirsty.

16. See Post

See Post New Member

Hey Candice, you seem to have good choice in desks, what would you recommend for a dining room?

17. See Post

See Post New Member

I love my dining room table and chairs, but the table is pretty small. Which is okay because my dining room is very small. It's a dark wood with these cute fake worm holes in it. I may post a picture later.

18. See Post

See Post New Member

Once again, I would like to declare my very strong love for my desk. I have never been so much in love with a piece of furniture. I love my desk.

19. See Post

See Post New Member

I meant for mine, since I only have a dinette, and may get around to it, link to space pic is a few posts ago (last page).

Also - what colour would you paint the room now that nailpops are done?

20. See Post

See Post New Member

I am a big fan of the color green.