Toy Story Mania

Discussion in 'Hong Kong Disneyland and Shanghai Disneyland' started by See Post, Apr 24, 2009.

Random Thread
  1. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By barboy

I'd say that when it comes to qualifying
    E's size/length/duration does matter---- I can't think of any E attraction at any park that uses a relatively small show building or amphitheater/venue. An E almost always can be seen from afar due to its huge and alluring stature.

I know most would classify TDL's Pooh as an E but I probably wouldn't(even though it most definitely is a can't miss attraction at TDR)simply because it's not as substantial as say Everest, Mansions, Space Mountains, Test Tracks, ToT's, IJ's ect.----- it just doesn't have a large venue nor does it use grand sets(although it certainly uses high quality sets); even its facade and queue are modest ...... and I'd say that Roger Rabbit is closer to an E event(even though I call it a D) because of its facade, eleborate queue and many show scenes with realized AA's

///Another thing about an E is that if done right, they become instant classics///

I agree. But I'm careful not to classify something an E just because it has a huge and instant following like Pooh and Soarin'.

And the reverse holds true with me--- I would very much call EPCOT's Universe of Energy a bonafide E even though it doesn't seem to attract the masses or have a big following..... that attraction uses very large scale sets and has an impressive duration.

2. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By gurgitoy2

I hope this rumor is not true. It's just not appropriate for this park. When there are so few attractions, why would you have two with the same character in them (Buzz) in the same park...with similar "shoot the target" play? I could understand in a second park, or after a much more "fleshed out" Disneyland, but now? I realize they could cut costs by sharing it with TDS, but really? Why not share the costs of DCA's Little Mermaid attraction and install that instead...it would add a different set of characters to the park that sorely needs them in Fantasyland.

3. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By Hista98

Immersive is not a word, just FYI. Also Ferret is right it does not have to be a thril lride to be an eticket. look at monorail and subs both original E tickets neither one thrill. I thin kan Eticket is the best ride disney has to offer.

4. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By Mr X

***Immersive is not a word, just FYI***

Neither is thril lride.

5. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By Hista98

that is a typo.

6. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By Bob Paris 1

"Immersive is not a word, just FYI."

Ah, just FYI, it actually is.

Maybe younger folks aren't aware of it because Disney no longer creates IMMERSIVE attractions and environments.

Just FYI.