Victoria and Alberts Implements Age Restriction

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News, Rumors and General Disc' started by See Post, Jan 1, 2008.

Random Thread
  1. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By nbodyhome

I wouldn't bungee jump, definitely! I remember that I actually did take photos (of myself) while parasailing. Not sure they are still around, but I bet I looked scared. :-D

2. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By CMDad

<<I am very scared of heights,>>

While not VERY scared, I do have a slight fear of heights as well ... but I never had the feeling of being high (well - not in the feet and inches sense <G> ) the entire time I was up there. Just very peaceful and serene.

3. See Post

See Post New Member

>> but I never had the feeling of being high (well - not in the feet and inches sense <G> <<

Haha. :)

I didn't feel peaceful, I felt panicked! But if I climb a ladder 3 or 4 rungs, I get nervous too.

4. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By davewasbaloo

>>>I vote with leaving the little darlings home or taking them to a restaurant that can be fun for them. An age limit or a dining time seems appropriate. I'm not talking about Catal here by the way :)<<<

My kids are more likely to enjoy the menu of Catal than RFC.

5. See Post

See Post New Member

"How many of the folks here, or the public in general, have eaten at Victorias and Alberts?"

I have, but I prefer the Napa Rose or the California Grill in Disneyland Paris.

6. See Post

See Post New Member

What is Catal?

7. See Post

See Post New Member

Catal is a Spitchel (sp?) restaurant in DTD. I don't think it thaty special, just an average Mediteranian restaurant (Catal is short for Catalonian, the people of Barcelona, Mallorca, Ibiza etc.

8. See Post

See Post New Member

Part of the Patina group - it's on par with the places of World Showcase and definately should be family welcoming.

9. See Post

See Post New Member

I don't know what spitchel is, but I understand Mediterranean. :) Thanks! I plan to be at DL in March.

Denise

10. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By Elderp

Mrs. P and I have both been to Victoria and Alberts.

11. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By Ursula

The best thing about Catal is the bar smack in the middle of DTD. Too bad the champagne glasses effect didn't pan out on their design.

12. See Post

See Post New Member

I walked through Downtown Disney in July several times, I don't even remember it!

13. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By gottaluvdavillains

It's called the Uva bar and it's a round sitting area around a big bar...The restaurant is near Marcelines Candies - the bar is in front of Dept 56

14. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By FerretAfros

The Uva Bar is the circular cafe that just sort of blocks traffic just about in the middle of DTD. The actual restuarant is in one of the actual buildings, and I believe it's on the second floor, which makes it easy to miss since it has a fairly small entrance for its overall size.

15. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By dshyates

Here is a picture of the Uva bar:

<a href="http://tinyurl.com/2enxvt" target="_blank">http://tinyurl.com/2enxvt</a>

And Jonvn I agree, they'll take there lumps from the major media outlets. Short media cycles these days. And move on. In general I don't believe the general public reacted to this story the way the media outlets were hoping. Most people here and that I've talked to say "good". And even here I don't think anyone was offended. The media wanted to once again take a swipe at Disney and the reaction is a big yawn.
    The people who do have kids that behave well enough to go to a place like that also know why that are no longer welcome there. Who knows maybe Disney wanted a BUNCH of free advertising on NBC announcing that Disney is now offering a very adult high end experience at WDW. More people have been talking about V$As across the country than ever before. If, in fact, that is the case I will gladly retract the "clumsily" comment and ammend it extremely media savy.
    I sat at a table at Applebee's this evening with a family next to me where not only did her 4 year old cry and whine for over an hour, mom simply occasionally turned to her and loudly told her to "Shut up!".
    I couldn't help but think about this thread. All I can say is, Some people...(shakes head).

16. See Post

See Post New Member

Thanks for the info and photo. :)

17. See Post

See Post New Member

Originally Posted By danyoung

>The best thing about Catal is the bar smack in the middle of DTD.<

I LOVE the Uva Bar! Bartender Justin actually remembers me between trips - we've struck up a pretty good friendship over the years. They also serve food from Catal. It's really a nice way to have a casual dinner, sitting at the bar sucking down martinis and munching tasty food!

18. See Post

See Post New Member

"It's really a nice way to have a casual dinner, sitting at the bar sucking down martinis and munching tasty food!"

Mmmmm, marrrtiniiis.

I feel like Homer in a sport coat.

19. See Post

See Post New Member

The word "Uva" just sounds like a part of the body to me, not like a place I'd want to get a drink. :)

My first priorities at DL in March are #1 - In and Out Burger, #2 - French Dip, White Water Cafe and #3 - Chicken Fusilli, Red Rocketts. I may try a regular restaurant too, but those come first. :) And if I can get past the name, maybe I'll stop at the Uva bar for a drink.

20. See Post

See Post New Member

To me "Uva" sounds like its derived from the Latin root for egg. Or maybe that dangly thing in your throat.

But according to Wiki:

"Uva (anatomy), the pigmented layer of the eye lying beneath the outer layer."

So the Uva is what gives people eye color. Hmm, an odd name for a bar for sure.
    Its also a providence in Sri Lanka, and a parish in Portugal.
    Still an odd name for a bar.